PDA

View Full Version : Info on the recall

Outlaw6;=-
07-05-2008, 07:46 AM
I am writing this thread just to give u guys a heads up on the recall on the back sprocket. I was out last week when i felt something hit the bike, and it didn't sound like a rock. I stopped and noticed that all the bolts had backed off and i lost 1. When inspecting the bolts closer i noticed that they didn't use locktite on the bolts and on the instilation paper that comes with the recall kit didn't say to put any.Guys u might want to check urs and see if they had used locktite or not so it doesn't back out on u also.
I also noticed that those plates they use are very weak, it took little effort to bend the tabs to the bolts.

TRENT_G
07-05-2008, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the heads-up, but old news. Do a search and you'll see. Sorry to hear about yours. peace

bsieren
07-05-2008, 02:40 PM
I had mine come out before the recall was issued. It luckily didn't do any damage because I was just poking along an entrance trail. I put loctite and lock washers on all four of them when I put them back in. No problems since at all. Even if you have had the loctite added with the recall kit or haven't had anything done yet. I would highly recommend doing what I did it will save you from going over the bars when your sprocket comes off.

bigsandboxusmc
07-05-2008, 05:29 PM
Whats the process on the recall cause I took mine to the dealer and they said I should take it home cause polaris has not issued a Kit. Do they have a kit or should I just Do it myself

TRENT_G
07-05-2008, 06:08 PM
Yes, they have a kit. Here is a link to the info. http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/polaris2008-outlaw-525-irs-atv-recall-bolt.html

SSJEFF
07-05-2008, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by bigsandboxusmc
Whats the process on the recall cause I took mine to the dealer and they said I should take it home cause polaris has not issued a Kit. Do they have a kit or should I just Do it myself

Your dealer really needs to get theirs heads out of their........

bsieren
07-06-2008, 11:34 AM
I would save yourself the trouble of having to take it into the dealer and just go to the hardware store and get 4 lockwashers and some loctite and you will be good to go.

SSJEFF
07-06-2008, 04:36 PM
If you got a card in the mail for the recall then I would call polaris and tell them what your dealer said.

I think the locking plate wprks great and I disagree whit the statement that it bands easily. I had to take a hammer and a screw driver to bend it back out of the way.

sleddog66
07-07-2008, 06:34 AM
I agree with Jeff^^^^^^^^^. The plate + locktight is a good fix. Better than lockwashers.