PDA

View Full Version : Pred 500 questions

NickG5755
07-05-2008, 12:50 AM
My buddy got an 05 Predator 500

He ordered an Airbox for it (they said it adds 5 horse but i dont belive it)

Are there any free mods for this?

He said he took a resistor out somewhere? i told him hes probably gunna fry his electrical system.

what are some of the better pipes for this bike also?

dcc1089
07-05-2008, 05:32 PM
Check out predatorowners.com. there's TONS of info on the pred over there. As far as your questions, the HMF Sport seems to be the one of choice. There aren't any "free" mods....they all cost something. The bigest improvement for the Predator is a free flowing intake, quality slip-on exhaust, and PROPER carb jetting.

NickG5755
07-05-2008, 06:16 PM
i just guessed it has something you could do to it.

liek the YZF bieks have a wire you can clip and things in the airbox to cut out and they have big power increases..

thanks for the idea tho, jsut thought id stay true to exriders since ive learned alot here.

Hondamaster5505
07-06-2008, 08:26 AM
civic cold air intake. lol.

It's supposed to be a big power increase, but a bit** to jet.

NickG5755
07-06-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Hondamaster5505
civic cold air intake. lol.

It's supposed to be a big power increase, but a bit** to jet.

Your dumb , a waste of life and you belong on a treadmill , not in front of your computer posting dumb sh*t all day

Hondamaster5505
07-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by NickG5755
Your dumb , a waste of life and you belong on a treadmill , not in front of your computer posting dumb sh*t all day

Dude, whats your problem? I wasn't even kidding. Do a search before you start calling someone a dumb waste of life.

The tube connects to the carb and actually goes back and bends into the airbox.

dumbass

Hondamaster5505
07-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Actually, I did the search for you.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=215752&highlight=civic

So the next time you start bashing someone for replying to one of your questions with a good answer, do a search.

:grr:

NickG5755
07-06-2008, 05:59 PM
ok well im sorry.. this time..

but if someone say that theyd neverthink you were serious.. you shoulda said something liek im not screwing around either.. im dead serious..

Ill admit when im wrong.. and i am.. so the treadmill can stay in the closet now...

peace

Hondamaster5505
07-06-2008, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by NickG5755
ok well im sorry.. this time..

but if someone say that theyd neverthink you were serious.. you shoulda said something liek im not screwing around either.. im dead serious..

Ill admit when im wrong.. and i am.. so the treadmill can stay in the closet now...

peace

Well, im sorry this time for not being a little more serious. I guess the "lol" made it seem like a joke.

durham454
07-09-2008, 09:03 AM
The civic intake is real good for more low end torque, if you're looking for more top end horsepower, a clamp on filter is the way to go. For exhaust, I have the HPD Powermaxx system on my pred and it is the best I've found so far. www.hpd-inc.com