PDA

View Full Version : Fox Floats?

Speedy 400ex
07-04-2008, 01:12 PM
I am considering getting these before the end of the summer(got to save up the money)and im wondering if there worth the money. Also the good and the bad about them, and where to get them at the best price?

Or is there somthing diffrent i should use?

thanks for the help.

416exfreak
07-04-2008, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Speedy 400ex
I am considering getting these before the end of the summer(got to save up the money)and im wondering if there worth the money. Also the good and the bad about them, and where to get them at the best price?

thanks for the help.

Any suspension is going to be better than stock.

You'll want to send the rear shock to C&D racing or GT Thunder to have it revalved/resprung for your weight. And get an axle and good set of a-arms for those shocks.

Heres a tip: go used if your on a budget. Just hunt around and find the best deals.;)

justin1022
07-04-2008, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Speedy 400ex

thanks for the help.

junk

gcart2
07-04-2008, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by justin1022
junk

thats in detail...

funny he says that cause i love mine. they look awsome and are very light. i personnally used them with lsr +2's and it was quite nice. the compression is adjustable but the rebound is not, the rebound is slow but i have never had any problems from it. if you have any ??'s or would like to see pics just shoot me a pm.

lots of helpfull info here too.

http://atv.off-road.com/atv/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=192309

powermadd400ex
07-04-2008, 05:50 PM
junk
wow thats a useless post unless u have an explanation.
im lookin at floats as well.
motosport has them on sale for $520 but the description of the item on motosports says that they only fit predators, rappys, and V-forces. im calling 2moro for more information

justin1022
07-04-2008, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by powermadd400ex
wow thats a useless post unless u have an explanation.
im lookin at floats as well.
motosport has them on sale for $520 but the description of the item on motosports says that they only fit predators, rappys, and V-forces. im calling 2moro for more information a buddy had them and i dont no what was wrong with them but i think they just started leaking really bad or somthing and he hated them for jumping then he sold them and got this other kind of fox shock i dont no hwat kind but it did not have cans and it was better but he still didnt like them then he just said screw it and baught elkas and fell in love with them ha

krt400ex
07-04-2008, 08:44 PM
a buddy had them and i dont no what was wrong with them but i think they just started leaking really bad or somthing and he hated them for jumping then he sold them and got this other kind of fox shock i dont no hwat kind but it did not have cans and it was better but he still didnt like them then he just said screw it and baught elkas and fell in love with them ha

please people...learn how to use commas and periods...it really helps when someone can actually read what you are writing

Speedy 400ex
07-04-2008, 10:10 PM
cool thanks guys!

powermadd400ex
07-05-2008, 08:57 PM
motosports outlet is complelty SOLD OUT of fox floats for the 400ex.
so the cheapest price u can get now is 700-750.

mooseracerX
07-06-2008, 10:57 AM
For $700-$750 I think I would try and find something used on here. I'm sure you could find some good Elkas or Axis'; people are parting out 400's like crazy.

Speedy 400ex
07-06-2008, 10:04 PM
ya i was thinking about that to.