PDA

View Full Version : mic 28 carb plz help

drxracing
07-04-2008, 04:00 AM
i just got a mic 28 millimeters carb and a koso intake and got a 140 main jet it and it idies fine but when i jab the throttle it dies but it dose not do it with the choke on it runs better with the choke the koso intake only had 2 reed stuffers 24 & 26 could this be my problem

etondaddy
07-04-2008, 05:15 AM
Did you really think you were going to just put it on and it would work…….lol. It just needs adjusted start by putting your air screw at two turns…. And start moving your clip one spot at a time and see what makes it better…….. And buy some pilot jets…… you just need to find what it likes……. And sometimes that’s easier said then done. The big DRR guys will be chiming in they’ll get ya goin. Kyle’s 28 on his 90 always liked the air screw at 1.5 and the needle up one and I can’t remember the jet size. Good luck…… do you know how many nights in the dark we’ve been out there trying to get the ba…..waaaa out…… two frickin many…… hope you don’t start throwing the screw driver in the ground and looking up and screaming what the f@#$ like I’ve been known to do. Try to do just one thing at a time…needle, pilot,air screw….ect. If not write it down because you’ll find yourself starring at it asking the kid……hey man witch way did we go with the needle. Then we’ve worked on it all day Saturday with no luck……. Go to the Track on Sunday and it’s goon.

Mike Kozura

etondaddy
07-05-2008, 09:14 AM
First of all pal I'd watch my mouth if I was you........ everyone tries to help each other on this forum.... and that's what I was trying to do....... evidently you are clueless because my son Kyle Kozura #5 ATVA D5 and his E-Ton when he ran it were anything but slow...... but that's not what it's all about.... forget it your not worth it. I'm going to make Pappy and Harlin aware of your negative comments we don't need people like you on this board.

Mike Kozura

hotquads1
07-05-2008, 11:46 AM
I believe Mike was just being funny , and was sincerely trying to help you . We often try to keep it on a lite note , a little humor helps us deal with these mini's. But for starters let us know what brand the carb is ? sounds like it is lean mid to upper , but I am not sure what you meant by mic 28 millimeter? I dont think the stuffers are a problem.
marc

drxracing
07-05-2008, 03:21 PM
Hey mike iam sorry i did not mean to talk like that about you or
your eton i was just tired hot and fustrated thanks for the help
Marc the carb has mic on the side and it is a mikni the i got it from says it is a 28 mill i got a 140 jet in it know and tried it all the way up to a 180 the air screw is 1.5 truns out and the clip is
on the #3 it seems like everything i do has no effect it still boggs and dies at half throttle un less the choke is out then it runs great. THANKS FOR THE HELP

etondaddy
07-05-2008, 05:07 PM
Cool.......no big deal man I'm sorry I snapped back at you. I know how frustrating this stuff can be. I hope you get it figured out real soon.

Mike Kozura

bnesbitt2
07-05-2008, 07:14 PM
I had this same problem with my honda,fought it all day until i finaly figuered out i had the wrong vacum line hooked up to the intake manifold,put the right one on and it ran great,just a thought,good luck.

hotquads1
07-05-2008, 07:42 PM
inspect well for air leaks around carb and intake and boot. But if this carb is used we may not have a known good carb , it could have a crack drawing air , I have not used that carb , so I don't have any jetting recommendations.
marc

camsdad
07-07-2008, 06:27 AM
start with around a 350 main jet....i've seen minis with as large as 410 main in the 28 mikuni...

drxracing
07-08-2008, 01:03 AM
O MAN 350 MAIN I THINK A STOCK BLASTER USES A 320 MAIN IF IAM NOT MISTAKEN I HAVE A 140 MAIN JET AND I TOOK MY SON FOR A RIDE THE OTHER DAY AND IT RAN FINE BUT I HAD THE CHOKE OUT ALL DAY

camsdad
07-08-2008, 09:06 AM
i have a real good friend that swears by mikuni 28s,he has 3 minis with 390-410 main jets that run really well...i talked with sudco about this and was told it had to do with the air/fuel velocity of the mini quad and the way the 28 was designed...it may not work for you but we were having the same problem..are you sure you dont have a 24mm carb,i have ran the 26mm kx65 mikuni with 240 main jets ....your stock blaster has a 26 mikuni,i run 28 oko mini quad carbs on blasters with little to no jet changes..