PDA

View Full Version : ABout Tires

THORrider350
07-03-2008, 12:17 AM
I know this should probably be in the open forum but i am trying it here and there, i am looking for any info on patching tires from the inside out. I was riding a week ago with almost brand new RAZR's and i ran over a railroad spike and now i have a nice sized hole in that tire... i tried like 9 plugs lol and it stayed for about 2 in a half minutes. Anyone ever try anything else or can reccomend something else? (besides buying new tires) haha

Thumper1220
07-03-2008, 06:27 AM
you can try a flat "band aid" type patch as i like to call them...you have to dismount the tire from the rim and it goes on the inside. the tire slime works for small holes and bead leaks...but if your plugs didnt work than i dont think the slime would hold.......and it makes a horrible mess when you go to change tires again.

grab some flat tire patches from a hardware or automotive store...sometimes they work good but honestly i have never patched an atv tire with one and with all the flexing that tire does you might be S.O.L. but it's worth a try...cheaper than a new tire.

nicker71
07-03-2008, 08:44 AM
tire tubes work good

Thumper1220
07-05-2008, 09:31 PM
just a caution on the tube if you have a good size hole in the tire (like one made by a railroad spike) i have seen where water dirt sand ect will get in there between the tire and tube and cause the tube to fail. if you use a tube put a flat patch on the inside and it will keep this from happening.

KYmxracer52
07-21-2008, 04:32 PM
I had something similar happen to a Razr once, and we took it to a tire shop and they "vulcanized" it. Basically they melted a rubber patch to the inside of it somehow. Worked very well, and held up.