PDA

View Full Version : Question for BEN???

Sandgod4
12-02-2002, 08:24 PM
Ben I have noticed that in the classifieds section when somebody puts an item for sale there is mostly people complaining of the sellers price. The person is trying to sell an item not be critisized for the amount asking. I hate reading through all the BS to find if it's sold or not.. Something needs to be done. Thankyou...

JabberJaw
12-03-2002, 05:54 PM
You guys actually READ these posts????? I just look at the pictures....

beerock
12-03-2002, 08:55 PM
I'd like to say the same thing.

It is very disrespectful In my eyes.

i starting to think the internet has no sort of respect for one another, and if you do find it then you know you found someone who is a respectful person.

thats like going into someones store and telling a customer you will sell the piece cheaper.

12-03-2002, 10:05 PM
I think I am with jabber on this one :D :devil :blah

"consequences smonsequences as long as im rich"
Daffy Duck.

Guy400
12-04-2002, 04:49 AM
Sandgod, as you know we're not able to read ALL the threads in any forum. If that's happening please report it to us and we'll edit it out. We haven't received a report from anything in the For Sale forum for months. I agree with you, it's annoying and disrespectful. I just editted a thread several weeks ago where someone advertised a 400EX for sale and someone else replied with something to the effect of "why buy that one for $3800 when you can buy mine for $3600?!" Threads in the For Sale forum should only be discussing the details specific for selling items and that's it. It's not a place to discuss the technical details or argue about whether or not this particular part is better than another.

We rely on you guys to help us moderate because you as a whole see far more than just the 6 of us see. If that garbage happens again please tell us and it will be dealt with quickly.

Sandgod4
12-04-2002, 01:05 PM
It seems like it is in EVERY for sale item that is listed. I hate when I hear I can buy that for this much at so and so's. Don't want to buy it at the asking price don't comment. The seller will realize he's asking to much for the item and list it at a later date at a lower price.. We all want as much as possible for our items. Next time when you list something and somebody is lowballing your arse you will get a taste of it. You 14 yr old's go ask daddy for more coin or shut up...

JabberJaw
12-04-2002, 06:03 PM
I'll see you my quad for $40,000.00 and you can have the bull for free....

12-04-2002, 11:50 PM
Wonder if you couldnt sell the bull there too :D:blah

bmw500hp
12-08-2002, 08:38 AM
Internet threads increase communication, however, they do not increase interpersonal communication skills,,,,and sometimes decrease respect....

You can bust on a man with no concern of recourse....like a talk show.......

I feel the same way gents,,, but it does make for some good chuckles!!!!! I personally have laughed for hours at some of the remarks...

12-08-2002, 10:09 PM
I personally have laughed for hours at some of the remarks...

Have to agree with you on this.

BTW dont you go by another user name here? :)

bmw500hp
12-08-2002, 10:32 PM
No, I just log on as BMW... my email is joesflies@aol.com... that may be what your thinking...

12-08-2002, 11:28 PM
could be :)

But then you never know :)

Sorry for the confusion

phatswinn
12-21-2002, 08:11 PM
ive looked in theses threads every week or so when i get bored, and frankly i havent seen him reply to anything on here.... i miss leo

edit: sorry i was a arse that day theres a couple bad posts like this and i apoligize for them

Ben
12-22-2002, 04:24 AM
Thanks for your support Phatswin - I read every thread in this area and do my best to implement everything the users want. With 1,600+ posts every single day it is a little hard for me to follow every thread. Thanks again for your vote of confidence :rolleyes:

Ben

QuadTrix6
12-22-2002, 05:25 PM
we need authors to delete threads after they have been sold, i hate going to a thread and reading all the post to get the the last thread and it says sold, why not just delete the thread all together

JabberJaw
12-26-2002, 03:29 PM
Oh my! You mean we can sell our threads???? I wanna sell all of mine for $10,000.00!!!

JOEX
12-26-2002, 09:46 PM
Where do I send payment? Do you accept PenPal?

Joe

toby400ex
12-26-2002, 10:19 PM
any more, i dont like putting my products or used stuff in the for sale forum, people nit pick and lead me on to think they will buy something, they shouldnt even talk to me about price until theyve decided what they are doing.

JabberJaw
12-27-2002, 10:05 AM
When you have tons of money.... everything is for sale.

QuadTrix6
12-27-2002, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by JabberJaw
When you have tons of money.... everything is for sale.

true :devil