PDA

View Full Version : good setup

2SlowRaptor
12-02-2002, 08:22 PM
my buddys got a 2001 400ex with k&n power kit, DG Xccelerator full pipe system, and itp holeshot mx tires. me and him took a run down the road and we are about the same speed. i think thats pretty good seeing that i have 260 more cc, plus a GYT-R pipe and jets. ill pass him very slowly once he tops out. just thought id let all of u that want to mod there 400ex that this is a pretty good set up.

i want a 400ex now!!!:D

RAPTORAZ
12-02-2002, 08:31 PM
No flaming intended but your Raptor is obviously not running up to it's full potential. As my EX is modded more than your buddies and my Raptor is similarly set up to yours and the outcome between my two is very different. My Raptor crushes my EX after 3rd gear. A properly tuned piped Raptor will beat almost any EX. I've only lost to a couple at the dunes. Even my buddies cammed, carbed and ported 440 will barely beat my properly tuned piped Raptor.

2SlowRaptor
12-02-2002, 08:39 PM
well i also had someone on the back that wieghs 130lbs. and i wiegh 145-150lbs so im not sure, i think im running alittle rich. im gonna adjust my carbs when i get my head pipe. also, im running 145 and 150 main jets with air box lid on. im thinkin if i go to 150 and 155 mains and a k&n filter ill be running pretty good.

thanks.

oh yeah, i was thinkin the same thing, i thought there was something wrong lol