PDA

View Full Version : Cheap porting

quadgod89
12-02-2002, 08:07 PM
Today i was at Reaktive which is in the East Coast ATV building and i was talking to Al Carr who own's Reaktive i think and i was asking him about his porting and stuff n he was telling me until i get enough money for porting or don't choose to port my motor a really cheap way to highten the port hights is to get a 1989 CR250 head gasket(new one) and that is like 2 time's as thick as a regualr 250R head gasket put that in and then get 2 250R base gasket's and put them in and u will gain alot more compression and mid to top end power he told me.....anyone do this or anything?
let me know cuz im goin to do it to my 250r

beerock
12-02-2002, 08:12 PM
WHAT?
maybe a cr250 head gasket, with a 5mm spacer plate, AND 2 base gaskets, but that requires a 86 style piston....

it sounds like your saying, use a cr250 head gasket and 2 base gaskets using 2 base gaskets would lower compression. and change the exhaust port timing.

outlaw319
12-03-2002, 03:07 PM
I used to do that mod myself at one time, It really works!
the CR gasket is thinner not thicker. thus bumping up the compression! and doubling the base gaskets does change the port timing! but this helps the motoer build a little extra power.

Fleshwound
12-03-2002, 03:59 PM
yeah my buddy did that mod to his 250r and i dunno what else, but that thing had so much compression!! i did not like starting it without boots on cause with regular shoes when the kicker snapped back you could easily brake an ankle.