PDA

View Full Version : Curtis Sparks

buster024
07-02-2008, 05:04 PM
For those of you that have had either.....what would you recommend.....stainless or ceramic coated? I know the basic asthetic reason, but is there any other reason to spend the extra $50?

NacsMXer
07-02-2008, 05:43 PM
It's not going to matter too much in the end. I've had both types of headers...the ceramic stays a little cooler and looks better. The stainless will discolor but will be a little more corrosion resistant. All in all, not a huge difference IMO. I'd go with the ceramic simply for looks.

drew416ex
07-02-2008, 08:23 PM
I hated my ceramic pipe. After about a year it started to rust. Then I got it recoated and it was only about 3 months and it started to rust again. When I upgraded to the x-6 and stainless I couldnt be happier. Personally to me the stainless looks better and a year or two down the road it will look the same.

zrpilot
07-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by drew416ex
I hated my ceramic pipe. After about a year it started to rust. Then I got it recoated and it was only about 3 months and it started to rust again. When I upgraded to the x-6 and stainless I couldnt be happier. Personally to me the stainless looks better and a year or two down the road it will look the same.

Never owned a ceramic version, but know people who did. All report the same complaint!!

X2:macho

buster024
07-02-2008, 08:40 PM
Good tips guys....saved me $50 bones!!! Can't wait to get it!

NacsMXer
07-03-2008, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by drew416ex

Yea, ceramic is supposed to be rust resistant but it can still rust. Really depends on the quality of the ceramic and the conditions you ride in however. I have a ceramic CT header that i've had for several years now that still looks like brand new...but there's some extremely light surface rust spots where the header attaches to the head.