PDA

View Full Version : Front Sprocket & Chain - Guard

madmax400ex
07-02-2008, 06:31 AM
Well i got a new case saver from RIS, but my guard won't fit back on with this case saver. :grr:

Is it a big deal to not have one on? Has anybody ever had clothing or junk get caught in the front sprocket?

Yippie-Ki-Yay
07-02-2008, 07:07 AM
As far as clothing is concerned, dont wear bell bottoms and sandles and id say you would be fine there. I dont know if debris would get caught...Wear riding boots and you should be good.:ermm:

madmax400ex
07-02-2008, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the reply - Smart A#!

Scro
07-02-2008, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by madmax400ex
Thanks for the reply - Smart A#!

Geez, take a joke. Running without the sprocket is perfectly fine.

madmax400ex
07-02-2008, 09:09 AM
I was also joking around

I only wear my bell bottoms to the dance clubs LOL

07-02-2008, 09:28 AM
yeah i have the baggy riding pants so i have to make sure not to get that case saver

madmax400ex
07-02-2008, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
yeah i have the baggy riding pants so i have to make sure not to get that case saver

Yea i would not suggest this case saver, it was a R.I.S racing - case saver. I probably will modify it so i can get the guard back on, cause it just doesn't seem safe with the chain and sprocket wide open. Crazy things can happen and i could see with my luck my pant leg getting caught up in there and ripping my leg off.

powermadd400ex
07-02-2008, 09:43 AM
is there a case saver that lets u put the sprocket guard back on?
i dont wanna take a chance on cracking my case, but i want my sprocket guard too.

alex10
07-02-2008, 07:24 PM
It doesn't suck your pants in. I have nothing around my front sprocket, it just rubs your pants sometimes.

rideracelivemx7
07-02-2008, 08:47 PM
don't worry about it man. I've ridden since november of 07 with out one becuase the quad didn't come with oner and I was too bussy blowing money on engine work:D ;) and I have yetb to have any insidents

07-02-2008, 08:57 PM
weld or JB weld the stock one onto the other case saver. try that? My next order of parts will be Razr rears and a case saver. I'm completely done with performance mods until my suspension gets new springs and revalves. Anyways i'm looking at all the case savers to see which one to buy. I know all the 450r guys rave about the moose poly case saver because its molded to the case and even goes around the shift lever. Dont know if any for the 400ex are like that.

AnDy7
07-02-2008, 09:09 PM
Yea i have the same problem with my moose case saver, but it looks like all i i'm going to have to do is just get two longer bolts. :macho

alex10
07-02-2008, 09:11 PM
I don't like having a cover over the front sprocket anyways because they always clog with mud and ruin your chain.

07-02-2008, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by AnDy7
Yea i have the same problem with my moose case saver, but it looks like all i i'm going to have to do is just get two longer bolts. :macho

hey i see you have the advanced timing key. how is it on a stock exhaust and such? how was your gain? I just got mine running today and it feels peppy just a few quick bipls at the throttle around the yard, 1st gear it goes up like nothing 2nd gear i did a rolling and mashed the gas and the front end went up. My quad idles better and starts easier too, havent got a full ride report yet because i havent been able to open it up

AnDy7
07-02-2008, 09:24 PM
I really like it. Seems alot snapper which i really like. I noticed that it does heat up more so i went with a heavier weight oil, but other then that no complaints. but sadly something is wrong with my starter so i have to bring it in:( but the good thing is its still under warranty!