PDA

View Full Version : '01 raptor 660 jetting

mor300ex
07-01-2008, 08:55 PM
My boyfriend rides an '01 Raptor 660, with a full GYTR exhaust, opened up air box. he went to a 160 & 162.5 main jet and moved the needle down 1 click. We live in Colorado which is about 6000 feet elevation, it the jetting too fat? Any suggestions about jetting, just not 100% sure. Thanks for any input.

LTandRaptorider
07-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by mor300ex
My boyfriend rides an '01 Raptor 660, with a full GYTR exhaust, opened up air box. he went to a 160 & 162.5 main jet and moved the needle down 1 click. We live in Colorado which is about 6000 feet elevation, it the jetting too fat? Any suggestions about jetting, just not 100% sure. Thanks for any input.

I am going thru the cobwebs in my brain to try and remember the jetting I used on my Rappy... I had an Alba full system n mine, air box lid off. I think the main jets you listed was exactly what I used. But I remember I had to go DOWN, I think 1 maybe 2 sizes on the pilot jets. Of course your elevation is much higher- less air... I believe my needles were set on second from top setting. Since you are a much higher elevation, the jets you use would be different. But it's better to jet rich, and work your way down. See how the engine responds through out the throttle range. do a plug check. Air screw 1.5-2.5 max turns out from the stop. btw... the air screws are fun to adjust on it, they are on the bottom, intake side! Actually since they are on the intake side, they are fuel screws. Not sure if I have helped, but it reminded me how happy I was to trade mine for my LT-R450! :blah: