PDA

View Full Version : lid off??

Zero87
07-01-2008, 07:50 PM
Another question for everyone. I've heard ppl talking about lid off, or running your quad without the air box lid on. Is this bad for the quad, I know that it'll just let more air in, but not sure on how good it is for the quad.

k4f5x0r
07-01-2008, 07:54 PM
it doesnt hrut the quad at all. it lets more ai rin meanning you have to clean your airfilter much more often. if you dont though then well its bad for your engine

topdollr
07-01-2008, 08:46 PM
Do you have the PCIII? if you take the lid off and are running the stock map you will be lean and it won't run right. You can take the lid off if you have the PCIII and use the correct map.

I tried it without the lid when I first got mine and it ran like *****

Zero87
07-01-2008, 10:57 PM
I'm looking into a exhaust slip on or full system to get. I dont need anything to crazy cause I'm just trail riding and once in a blue moon going to the track(but I say that know, give it a few more months). My buddy works for Jardine and I'm thinking about getting their exhaust system cause I trust his word and I can't refuse a great deal.

Danamo250
07-07-2008, 10:11 AM
Unfortunately when I bought my Kfx it didnt have the airbox lid but it still runs great bone stock with 112 leaded.