PDA

View Full Version : need some ideas

01440ex
07-01-2008, 05:28 PM
i need to get some new wheels and not sure what kind to get...i do mostly trail riding...the reason for this is because i bent all for badly...and also if anybody knows of a good engine building company some help there would be good also...i have an 03 440ex and it smokes a little and want to get it rebuilt...should i do cams...and the 440 kit and what kind of exhaust would someone run with this setup...maybe a new axle is a +2 really worth the money and in what ways does it help....any comments would be greatly appreciated thanks

hypersnyper6947
07-01-2008, 08:44 PM
If you are doing a 440 kit your going to want to put in HD head studs, gt thunder is the guy for these. When i did my 440 build i sent my cylinder sleeve and piston to him and he did my machine work as well as install the HD studs. Also pick up a cometic gasket kit off ebay $60. You can put it together your self once you get it back its pretty easy i did it for the first time like a month ago and i had no problems. Get a clymers manuel. You should prob go with 11:1 compression ratio with a stage 2 cam.

I dont know much about the exhaust thing but a lot of guys on here swear on sparks racing, get a full exhaust though.

As far as the +2 axle i would get the +2 a-arms first i think that they will make more of a handling difference. But if you do want to go with the axle first go with LSR (Lone Star Racing) i hear they are the best.

Next is the wheels go for douglas or itp .190 . Since you ride trails go with itp gncc tires if you need new ones.

I hope this helps, there are plenty of other guys on here with a lot of knowledge that can help also. I think this would be a good setup though .

hypersnyper6947
07-01-2008, 08:44 PM
If you are doing a 440 kit your going to want to put in HD head studs, gt thunder is the guy for these. When i did my 440 build i sent my cylinder sleeve and piston to him and he did my machine work as well as install the HD studs. Also pick up a cometic gasket kit off ebay $60. You can put it together your self once you get it back its pretty easy i did it for the first time like a month ago and i had no problems. Get a clymers manuel. You should prob go with 11:1 compression ratio with a stage 2 cam.

I dont know much about the exhaust thing but a lot of guys on here swear on sparks racing, get a full exhaust though.

As far as the +2 axle i would get the +2 a-arms first i think that they will make more of a handling difference. But if you do want to go with the axle first go with LSR (Lone Star Racing) i hear they are the best.

Next is the wheels go for douglas or itp .190 . Since you ride trails go with itp gncc tires if you need new ones.

I hope this helps, there are plenty of other guys on here with a lot of knowledge that can help also. I think this would be a good setup though .

hypersnyper6947
07-01-2008, 08:46 PM
^
I dont know why this posted twice????

01440ex
07-03-2008, 09:32 AM
thanks for the info...it already has a 440 kit in it now...what im probly goin to do is just get it all checked and either re-ring it or put a new kit in it...

as for the wheels and tires...i was probly goin with either of those wheels they are both good...and for tires i currently have maxxis on the rear and was goin to put new ones all the way around what do you think of those tires...

the stage 2 cam is a definently what im goin to use...just by reading everyone elses imput on here....do you need to run any special fuel or any extra head parts when you upgrade to this kit setup...

thanks for the info again...and any other imputs would be well appreciated

01440ex
07-09-2008, 06:59 PM
ok so i got itp baja series wheels and put razr 2s on them...now for the motor...

im goin to buy a kit with a new jug and piston so should i step down from the 440 and go to a 416 or stick with it and put a cam in it...by the way it already has a 440 kit in it just dont know if it has a cam or not...so ill just replace it...and what kinda fuel do you run in a 440...

suspension work is next after i get the motor finished...

rid3r3d33
07-09-2008, 10:39 PM
On the new exhaust--- if you want to blow your whole budget go for the sparks exhaust full system-- that exhaust is top of the line so if you want to spend that much, it will be worth it, just out of my point of view i wouldn't spend that much on it and just spend the extra $ on something else. like motor repair etc.. anyways if you want a good exhaust go with the yoshimura-- those japs are on their game-- its a high quality pipe and won't be as expensive as the sparks exhaust. anywyas hope this helps.