PDA

View Full Version : timing key

maddmaxx
07-01-2008, 05:28 PM
i have a 07 400ex piped and jetted kn air filter no air box lid will a sparks key do any thing

07-01-2008, 10:29 PM
well tomorrow i can let you know because i will have my quad back together. See I installed the sparks key at the time of my oil change so I didnt have to worry about oil going everywhere. Installed the key, put the new gaskets on and started tightening up the bolts. Well I was going to use a torque wrench and I started to 1st bolt I did what some guy said to put it at and snap bolt it snapped off in the motor. Good thing the gasket was new I just pulled it off grabbed the threads stuck in there and twisted it out an used the same bolt from our spare 400ex motor. Alright so thats all good. I start putting in the screws for the oil tank and the oil drain on the left side then i go and install the new oil filter and I get the small bolt on then the longer bolt what do you know that snaps off with such little effort I was amazed i mean it wasnt even all the way in lol. Well i was having a bad day and so was my brother he ruined his swingarm bolt. So we ordered the bolts and gaskets whatever we needed along with new grips and an outerwear air box cover which is besides the point just tellin my story haha. So the package will be here tomorrow witht he new gasket which now I dont think I need because I tried an old hot rod builder secret and the gasket came off as one and it doesnt have any rips in it so I spent $16 for nothing and I will have the bolt. Sooo... tomorrow I will get everything together start it up and do a few quick hits of the throttle aroiund the yard and see how it is. I will get a full ride report this weekend. From what I have been hearing its worth the money and its a good upgrade, gives alot of throttle response and torque and I think a little HP so how could you go wrong.

honda300EXtreme
07-01-2008, 10:35 PM
for the cost of the thing you cant go wrong,
the thing improves throttle response greatly,

i think with your current set-up it would be wise to spend the few bucks and get one,

my opinion of course

07-02-2008, 07:27 PM
tried it a little bit today in my yard and in the driveway. 1st gear I just hit the gas and its up super easy, 2nd gear i went from just a steady roll and mashed the gas and the front came up. Thats all i could do I could go faster in second because my yard isnt that big to ride and my neighbors would get pissed to keep hearing my quad. Anyways my thoughts are it was worth it! my quad idles beter and starts easier than ever. It gets up pretty easy. Full ride report hopefully this weekend