PDA

View Full Version : first ride on the drr50

rmuscle
07-01-2008, 03:54 PM
just bought a new 50 from gary, picked it up on sat and finnally got it together last night . what an awsome little quad , it was for my 4 year old son , he had a suzuki 50 and now this , he looks so small on it kinda funny. it took him about an hour to get used to it i think he was kinda scared, but then after a few adjustments he was ripping pretty good around our track at home.gonna put him in his first race aug 10th will see how it goes.gotta say what a great guy gary is he really took care of me , dont even get that kinda of service at our local dealer

diablo14
07-01-2008, 07:52 PM
im in the same boat!!!! my lil boy will be 4 sept 26!!!! he had a lt50 we got him when he turned 3 the a couple weeks ago we got him the drr he also looks tiny on it!!!! but the service i have gotten from steve has been the best i have ever had and i've been racing quads for around 10yrs!!!!!!!! Hope your boy likes his quad as much as mine does! Keep up the great work guys so far it has been nothing but a pleasure for me!!!!!

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f252/playb0y999/Picture352.jpg

THARNESS
07-02-2008, 05:43 PM
When I first got our DRR for my son a couple of years ago he was only four and could barely reach the pegs. It was like he was standing even when he was sitting. I took the seat cover off and took my 4inch grinder with a sand paper flap wheel and took about two inches of foam out of the seat. When I put the cover back on it looked factory, and it really helped him control the quad. I've seen some people build taller foot pegs but I belive thet shaving the seat works better because it lowers the kids center of gravity.
Hope your son enjoys his DRR as much as mine has.

hotquads1
07-02-2008, 06:48 PM
Tom , I dont believe your sons were ever small, I think Will could play jr high football at 7 years old.LOL
marc

rmuscle
07-02-2008, 08:15 PM
i was thinking about doing that , what kinda staples do u use to put the cover back on

THARNESS
07-03-2008, 12:11 PM
I just used 1/4 inch staples from home depot. Hey,Mark. Will dosen't turn 7 until late November. If his momma could have held on for five more weeks he could have had an extra year of racing eligibility. She just wasn't willing to take one for the team.

rmuscle
07-03-2008, 03:30 PM
thanks for the info , i did it this afternoon, man it was like watching a different kid the way he was ridding , what a differance