PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla Firefox Email Users

derekhonda
07-01-2008, 02:12 PM
Hey, at work we use mozilla firefox for emails and it is horrible and not user friendly. Anyways there are about 10 email addresses but we usually only use the "generalmail" one. Anyways, it always pops up and you have to pick through them for the "generalmail" and then click ok. So i get the bright idea to click the "don't ask me again" button on the startup menu, so now it automatically logs into the general mail.

However, now I can't figure out how to check those other emails (which only gets done once a day) as opposed to the general mail (about every 15 minutes)

So basically, does anyone know how to get back into the options and let me check the other accounts?

And if you are a real wizard, any way to attach a dinger or something so i don't have to continuously check the computer for emails.

Thanks.

Ralph
07-01-2008, 02:43 PM
are you talking about thunderbird?

In the settings or options windows it will generally allow you to reset warning dialogs.

as far as a "dinger", are you looking for something to just make a noise when new emails arrive? it should have something like that automatically but it may be turned off.

derekhonda
07-01-2008, 10:00 PM
Yeah its thunderbird. I looked for a solid 10 minutes through all the options within the program and couldnt find anything. Could you be more specific where that option is?

As for the dinger...a little folder pops up and says new message, but makes no noise. Maybe there is a control on that but I am very unfamiliar with this program.

Ralph
07-02-2008, 07:55 AM
Go to

Tools > Options and on the first window there is something that asks "Play a sound" with a checkbox. You can choose the default sound or set your own.

As far as the accounts thing I'm still not sure what you are trying to achieve. You are trying to check the mail for multiple accounts? Just hit "Get Mail > All"

derekhonda
07-02-2008, 08:20 AM
Yep got the sound thing figured out, thanks.

As for the next part, under the get mail icon i have two choices:

1. Get all new messages.
2. Generalmail@kjdfkds.com

When i click on either of them, nothing happens other than scanning the system for new "general mail" mail. No new options for the other accounts. I didn't delete them did I?

derekhonda
07-02-2008, 09:48 AM
Got it figured out. I think we have a way outdated version of it because there is not really that many options on the tool bars while using the program.

Had to go start<programs<thunderbird<manage user profiles to log into what i needed and unlick that box. Anyways thanks again ralph.