PDA

View Full Version : ATV Wont do anything

250-R-250
07-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Ok, so the issue is this. My beartrackers nuetral light wont come on, nor do I even get a click when I press the start button I honestly dont get anything. What should I start looking at and how do I test the battery, I have a volt meter. I also have another beartracker so I can indeed trade parts to test the electrical system. I dont think its the battery though because when I put it up it was fine, day later doesnt start.

Edited: The box I replaced was the starter relay.

250-R-250
07-01-2008, 05:21 PM
Any one know where I can get diagrams. Ok so here is an update, the battery has plent of power. The cords from the battery, and starter and all run into one small central box, I dont know what thats called but I can bridge the two red and black connections on this box and the starter turns over strong but there is no spark. Also the nuetral like doesnt work. I replaced this box that I am talking about and I still have nothing changed. What next?

Edit, Its the starter relay box...

YZ400EX
07-01-2008, 09:42 PM
The reason the atv will not turn over with the button or spark once you cross over the starter has something to do with it not recognizing it being in neutral. I would check for loose connections, bad fuses or a bad ground. There is also a sensor on the engine which tells everything else when it is or isnt in neutral. I would check the connection to that also. I doubt the sensor is bad, but the connection to it might be.

250-R-250
07-02-2008, 08:31 AM
Are you talking about the thick wire that goes into the cases.

250-R-250
07-02-2008, 08:59 AM
Ok, so here is some more info that might help. Apparently the nuetral light would flicker on and or off while the bike was being ridden, regardless of what gear it was in.

YZ400EX
07-02-2008, 04:27 PM
It is not a big wire.. it is a smaller wire and usually the neutral and reverse indicator sensors will be together so you should have 2 wires running down towards and connect to the engine (usually behind a thin guard of some sort) to those sensors. With the flickering of the light it does sound like the wire to the sensor is loose somehow.. if you put it in reverse does the light come on?

John451
07-02-2008, 06:53 PM
Go to www.bikebandit.com and go over OEM parts at the top of the page and select the make, year, model and click on electrical system under schematics and scroll down on the page and take a look.

250-R-250
07-03-2008, 10:38 AM
Thanks alot for your help fellas!

Let me check on the wires, and check the reverse light.

250-R-250
07-03-2008, 10:49 AM
So reverse light does not work either. I looked found the wires and everything is intact, cant find anything loose or damaged. I am almost begining to think that it could be the key switch since I get absolutly no power drain from the batter when its on. Is there a chance that ket switch isnt connecting and making it act like everything is off even when its on?

YZ400EX
07-03-2008, 03:54 PM
Yes, it could in fact be the ignition.. Not often, but they can go out.. What you want to do is take it off and check it in the open and closed position and see if it is letting power through it while its in the "on" position. If it is good then you are going to want to check the connections from it and just follow them out till you find the problem.. Keep posting your findings and I will try my best to help.