PDA

View Full Version : Flexx Bars suggestion

QuadJunkies
07-01-2008, 01:37 AM
Im ordering Brandon Flexx Bars tomorrow and needed to know which one is the best application for the DRR?
It will need to go with a +1 aftermarket stem so I dont want too low of a bend to lose the height(we are trying to increase the height since hes grown all of a sudden) but also not too tall either.
We was suggested a 14 degree 31 wide mini high bend, but couldnt find it online(not that specific bar on Sponsorhouse order form).

I would hate to get the wrong ones since I have to order TWO sets for both kids :scary: lol
Thanks!

PS... How ya'll liking the aftermarket stems?
Brandon is bending too many of the stockers, so were upgrading .

QuadJunkies
07-01-2008, 11:07 AM
Anyone ??
Id lke to order them today.

EDIT**

I called them direct and got it figured out.

FISH ON!
07-01-2008, 05:28 PM
I can't help but I'll be interested in how you like them. I need a bar that will push my son back on the seat as a bit.

Todd

kenjolly
07-01-2008, 07:35 PM
that is the set i am running on Haydens 70, but i am using a riser to raise and bring the bars back some. Give Gary a call i think he has some.

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/kenjolly/IMG_2999.jpg

QuadJunkies
07-01-2008, 11:51 PM
Thanks guys :)
I got them both ordered today... Kelseys we got a Rox +2 riser to give her some very much needed height,Brandon has the +1 stem and High Bend so hopefully this will adjust them well.
I personally love the bars ,hopefully they will too. Sometimes it takes a little getting used to at first.

BradLoomis
07-01-2008, 11:52 PM
Tina,

Chris and Cole have the testing pretty much done on the Carbon Fiber Flexxbars, like the one s on the DRR mini I buit for Indy. They are half the weight of standard Flexxbars and take even more vibration out than the standard ones. They have had a few sets at an independant testing lab doing real scientific testing on them. Thhose guys are very thorough and have been great to work with.

Just a little info that might make a difference in your decision. You will nedd to contact them for an exact release date though.

QuadJunkies
07-02-2008, 12:08 AM
Very cool!:cool:

I wanted to get them on soon so they can get used to them,unfortunately, I already pd for the other ones.Another day and a dolllar TOO LATE.
Go figure. lol

bulldogfallon
07-02-2008, 07:49 AM
Les carries them

We generally stock the "Mini High" 14 and 15 degree, but find the antivibe stem to be the more popular upgrade

QuadJunkies
07-12-2008, 06:55 PM
We got the bars ,but ened up having to send one set back for an exchange(Kelseys) we thoughgt for sure a ROX +2 riser would be just about right, but the degree and bed was actually LESS than what she already has.She actually needed a high bend AND a + 3 to add a full inch.
So we ended up having to also get a spacer PLUS a high bend(not low like they suggested)
Since its a custom build mini ,it was all just a guessing game and learned a few things on differences in the bars now and Kelseys trying hers tomorrow out in the desert. Brandons I think is going to be just about perfect,once his stem comes ,he will be ready to roll as well,hopefully they get used to them before they race next week,I found them a little bit to get used to,then really fell in love ...
Were just waiting on a backordered part on the stem,then go give them a test .
Both kids are trippin' on how they flexx! lol

pnbsdad
07-13-2008, 05:42 PM
I need to order some of those who is chris with carbon fiber ones? How do i get a hold of them? Bull i thik you said someone else has them ? how do i get a hold of them? Thanks

BradLoomis
07-14-2008, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by pnbsdad
I need to order some of those who is chris with carbon fiber ones? How do i get a hold of them? Bull i thik you said someone else has them ? how do i get a hold of them? Thanks

Chris and Cole are Fasst Co. and manufacture the Flexx Bars. I built them carbon fiber pieces just before the Indy show in Febuary and they built them up and sent a couple sets to a scientific lab company in California for independant testing. A couple sets also went out to a few test riders, as well as a set back to me for the DRR quad I built for the Indy Dealer show. Fasst is the only place you will be able to get the carbon fiber version when they are available.

http://www.fasstco.com/

Cole Townsend, Pres. of Fasst Co.
Chris Tidwell, VP of Fasst Co.
Fasst Company
3015 E. South St.
Long Beach, CA. 90805
(562) 601-8119

QuadJunkies
07-14-2008, 01:00 AM
Kelsey got a chance to try hers out tonight on the desert.
She seems to really like them and can DEF. tell already how they are going to help her wrist jarring as much .
http://www.pbase.com/image/100140316/original.jpg

pnbsdad
07-14-2008, 09:33 AM
Hey Brad thanks for the website. Sorry for the questions but how do I know what size to get my son?

etondaddy
07-14-2008, 10:34 AM
Looks like Kyle's will be for sale when the carbon fiber ones come out. They'll go good with the carban fiber stem and tie-rods :devil:

Mike Kozura
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/etondaddy/Picture006-1.jpg

BradLoomis
07-14-2008, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by pnbsdad
Hey Brad thanks for the website. Sorry for the questions but how do I know what size to get my son?

No problem with the questions... that is the only way everyone learns.

Use this link and at the bottom is how to measure your bars, and use the measurements to pick out the Flexx ones (http://www.fasstco.com/products/flexx/bends.shtml)