PDA

View Full Version : Looking For?? & Cheap

quadracer707
06-30-2008, 02:14 PM
Iam looking for a rear shock with a 12" eye to eye for 2001 TRX90. The lad we purchased this from was a big boy & he has a 300ex shock, my son weighs only 80lbs with gear on so you can imagine how stiff this ride is. Iam also looking for something CHEAP. Anybody have something cheap & reliable laying around they want to get rid of.

Ken
Wade & Coltons Dad

GILCO
06-30-2008, 08:03 PM
I have a new Works Rear Shock that I never used for 250.00 that is 12" long E-mail is Gilco32@aol.com

quadracer707
07-23-2008, 07:34 PM
I emailed you, still have the shock??

Birddogg
07-30-2008, 09:53 PM
I use a Paioli shock that I bought years ago to use on my CRF50. I went with a different frame /suspension setup on the CRF and the Paioli went into the parts bin.

I bought this shock brand new in the box off ebay about 6yrs ago for around $100. It came with 2 springs, one soft, one stiff, and it has a remote reservoir with a rebound clicker.

I was at the track with my daughter one day and noticed that rear was bottoming hard, the shock was toast. she was bouncing all over the place. I came home thinking I was gonna have to shell out a couple bills for a decent shock.

Got home, had a beer, put everything away, then I remembered I had that shock. It was maybe an inch, maybe less, longer than the stocker, so I bolted it up. No bubbles, no troubles.

It works great on the little 90. It did raise the rear about 2in but the pluses way out weighed the negatives. The rear end stays planted in pretty much any situation.

It still bottoms when I jump it but it doesn't for the kids. There's well over an inch and a half to go on the preload collars so there is room to grow.

Paioli puts out a quality product. I've had this shock for over six years without issue. BBR even used this shock on its first generation Super Pro frames for the XR/CRF50