PDA

View Full Version : HELP! 400ex wont start

AnDy7
06-30-2008, 12:10 PM
I went to go start my quad up and it started and ran for about 15-20 seconds like usual.(bc its cold blooded) and so when i went to go start it the second time the motor wouldn't even turn over. The only thing that you can hear is the starter. The only thing that i can think of that would possibly screw it up is that i put in Amsoil 20w-50. The first time i rode it with this oil it seemed perfectly fine.. please help! thanks!

hondaking52
06-30-2008, 03:27 PM
well if the starter is making a clicking noise which mine also does time to time, try cleaning ur electrical conections, and if tht dont work try bum starting it

BigBore24
06-30-2008, 04:41 PM
do you mean the only thing you can hear is th starter turning or the starter clicking? if it is turning then id say its the starter clutch

tri5ron
06-30-2008, 05:04 PM
and if it is just "clicking" without turning, then it is just your battery is low. clean your battery connections, and charge up the battery with a battery charger.

do not go over a 10 amp charge rate for only 20 minutes or so, and it is much better to use the 2 1/2 amp charge rate overnight. remember to do it in a well ventelated area, due to batteries give off hydrogen gas while charging.

remember that your charging system on your quad is NOT designed to charge a DEAD battery. It is designed to keep up the charge on a good fully charged battery.

AnDy7
06-30-2008, 05:05 PM
When i stop trying to turn it on the starter stops and then i can hear something like spining yet.

AnDy7
06-30-2008, 05:08 PM
I already checked the battery its charged and everything. I still have the one year warranty but i'm not sure if it would be voided because of some thing i have done to it? What do u guys think?

BigBore24
06-30-2008, 06:26 PM
if you can hear your starter spinning and the motor isnt turning over then its deff something with the starter clutch assembly. if the starter is free spinning and you let off the button it will still spin for a few seconds. i dont think this would be due to anything you did and should be covered under warranty