PDA

View Full Version : +2 A-arm screw replacement?

fmarchil
06-29-2008, 10:40 PM
I have a +2 A-arm on my 400ex and one of the screw on it is twisted. It's shown on the picture below.

Anybody know where I could find a replacement part?

thanks

fmarchil
06-29-2008, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by fmarchil
I have a +2 A-arm on my 400ex and one of the screw on it is twisted. It's shown on the picture below.

Anybody know where I could find a replacement part?

thanks

billyboy
06-30-2008, 06:44 AM
Who is the manufacturer?

01 400EXer
06-30-2008, 06:49 AM
Are those a-arms aluminum? You might get lucky when you go to remove the ball joint that nothing is effected other than the exposed threads. You may be able to remove the jam nut and thread / loosen the ball joint out.

fmarchil
06-30-2008, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by billyboy
Who is the manufacturer?

I don't know. I bought it used and it was like that when I got it.

Do you have any popular manufacturer web site I could check on?

fmarchil
06-30-2008, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by 01 400EXer
Are those a-arms aluminum? You might get lucky when you go to remove the ball joint that nothing is effected other than the exposed threads. You may be able to remove the jam nut and thread / loosen the ball joint out.

I don't know if they are in aluminium but I doubt it because there is some rust on the arms.

yeah I tought of that yesterday when wirting this post. Hopefully everything is going to unscrew correctly so I won't have to buy other parts.

I'll keep you in touch if anything wrong happens.

thanks

dustin_j
06-30-2008, 11:13 AM
They should come out, then determine the thread size into the a-arm. Someone will know what to use then.

billyboy
06-30-2008, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by dustin_j
They should come out, then determine the thread size into the a-arm. Someone will know what to use then.

Exactly!

LSR and a few other companys are pretty simple. Houser seems to cause some issues trying to match theirs up.

fmarchil
06-30-2008, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by billyboy
Exactly!

LSR and a few other companys are pretty simple. Houser seems to cause some issues trying to match theirs up.

What is LSR? :confused:

fmarchil
06-30-2008, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by dustin_j

Someone like any cycle shop?

dustin_j
06-30-2008, 12:14 PM
Sorry I meant someone on this site should be able to direct you to a replacement, if thread size is known. If it's a 14mm it's probably off a VW transporter. If it's 16mm I think it's a small pickup tie rod end, but other members will know for sure.

EDIT: Also, LSR is Lonestar Racing

01 400EXer
06-30-2008, 12:30 PM
Take a picture of the front end. Maybe someone can give you some insight on the brand of a-arms.

jeepthing07
06-30-2008, 06:17 PM
it's just a rod end and since they are after market arms they are probably standard thread. just google "rod end" you will find tons of them i would go with a good quality one the cheap ones dont last long

dustin_j
06-30-2008, 07:50 PM
A lot of aftermarket are still metric (I wish the US would give up on standard and go metric :ermm: ). Be aware when buying "rod ends" that some may not have the right size to fit your spindle. Good luck.

fmarchil
07-01-2008, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by jeepthing07
it's just a rod end and since they are after market arms they are probably standard thread. just google "rod end" you will find tons of them i would go with a good quality one the cheap ones dont last long

Thanks!

I'll keep you guys in touch if any problems occurs.