PDA

View Full Version : 2007 drr 50 dies upon take off after getting hot

mbiigambler
06-29-2008, 10:02 PM
We bought the quad used, and have experience that the quad will die if my son lets off the gas and the quad returns to idle and he hammers the throttle.

This only starts happening after the quad has been running hard for about 5 minutes. Normally the quad will restart, but we did experience a couple times it wouldn't start.

I had to choke it too start. The quad seemed to not die if I left the choke on?

This is the air cooled oko carbed quad. Any help and advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Logan #34's Dad
06-29-2008, 10:08 PM
Throw the OKO in the trash and get a Keihin. See if that helps. Sounds like jetting or an air leak. Get out the starting fluid and spray around the intake - If the rpms rise = air leak. IMHO

mbiigambler
06-30-2008, 04:06 PM
where's the best spot to the get the keihin?

which size do I want?

thanks

jread14
06-30-2008, 04:39 PM
Keihin PE 20 is the best for these 50's. Great little carb! Check with Gary with G Force Powersports or with Marc at Hot Quads... Both are great guys and always have these type of parts in stock... JR

dblacks
07-01-2008, 07:40 AM
I have a Kehin PE 20 that I had the intake side machined down to fit int he stock intake for the smaller carb. I did this as it seemed to have more response out of the smaller intake instead of changing to a bigger intake. This carb was used for only 4 or 5 races and I sold the quad with the oko on it.

$90 plus shipping if your interested. It is in the original box and can get shipped out ASAP.

Dana
dblacks@fairpoint.net

bulldogfallon
07-01-2008, 01:29 PM
PE20 is a good choice...

You may need to go to the small Mikuni carb to stay legal though.

Depending upon where you are going to be racing.

The OKO uses the big intake boot

DBLACK is a good guy so if that carb works for you then it you should consider it.

Logan #34's Dad
07-01-2008, 07:54 PM
I've got one of the small Mikuni carbs if you need it to stay with-in the rules. PM me if you want it.

bulldogfallon
07-01-2008, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by dblacks
I sold the quad with the oko on it.

I think that is punishable by jail time? :) :)

dblacks
07-02-2008, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon
I think that is punishable by jail time? :) :)

with the mods we had done it was actually faster with the oko21

Ironically, the top 3 50's in the NEATV have all switched back to aircooled set ups, 2 with dual a-arms, 1 still with single a-arms. All with 21 oko's on them. They are very fast but tons of internal work done to them. The top 3 leave the rest of the pack and race it out, a different winner from them each week and there is like a 20 pt difference from 1st to 3rd after 6 races

mbiigambler
07-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by dblacks
I have a Kehin PE 20 that I had the intake side machined down to fit int he stock intake for the smaller carb. I did this as it seemed to have more response out of the smaller intake instead of changing to a bigger intake. This carb was used for only 4 or 5 races and I sold the quad with the oko on it.

$90 plus shipping if your interested. It is in the original box and can get shipped out ASAP.

Dana
dblacks@fairpoint.net

do you have to mix the gas with this carb?