PDA

View Full Version : Build Threads

250Renvy
06-29-2008, 09:20 PM
As far as build threads go what do people prefer.

1.Back story and story about parts and problems.
(With pictures - ie. slow build process)

2.No story just lots of pictures

3.Mix of both

4.Just finished product show of before and after.

Aceman
06-29-2008, 09:58 PM
#1 for sure. Even if it's a slow build, it's still interesting to see a project coming along. Also, if you're showing the build pics, forum viewers can possibly offer tips/parts/ideas to help your build along.

Got a project to show?

danhung11
06-30-2008, 08:54 PM
This was the exact reason I deleted my build thread because it was like 17 pages and so many replies, the pics were scattered everywhere. I like the comments but builds take a long time when you pay attention to details and trying to budget. Put in traveling with work and trying to keep homelife up to par, it can be a time consuming process and seem like forever. In the midst of it all, I figured out how to attach img URL instead of linking. It makes it easier to read the thread.

Tony has a good point, but I post questions when I need help.

I still have all my pics and you add the fact that I changed front ends and still have 3 setup not knowing which one I will end with, I would say wait and put all pictures on first page.

I don't mind either way though, I just like seeing other R fans' ideas and vision. More than likely, you will gain knowledge, get more ideas, and help.

Now to answer your question...

#3 with all pics up front for easy reference. :)

I am eager to repost mine. Its getting close. :devil:

baldathoR
06-30-2008, 10:54 PM
I like em all.

mxduner
07-06-2008, 06:47 PM
somewhere between 1 and 3:confused:

i just built my, well sorta, and asked questions along the way, without giving away to many details:devil:
but if you got the time then read and reply away i guess...:confused: