PDA

View Full Version : 09 prices, are they joking???

GE4x4
06-29-2008, 07:24 PM
I found these MSRP prices on KTMtalk.

450xc-$10,698
525xc-$10,998
450sx-$11,398
505sx-$11,698

That is near $2000 more then when they 1st came out for the 450 and 525.
:eek2:

patrickj75
06-29-2008, 07:50 PM
I think someone pointed out those are prices in California which have extra stuff added in.

Quadevil
06-29-2008, 07:51 PM
Not their fault really...
KTM is loosing more money each day the dollar weakens :ermm:

KTM's are made in Europe, they spend € to make them and receive $ when they sell'em. Euro is now $1.57 so they had to adjust prices...

KTM 525XC $11000 = €7000 and they sell'em in Europe for €10500. They'll still loose money nonetheless...

Bad for you guys living in the US...

Quadevil
06-29-2008, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by patrickj75
I think someone pointed out those are prices in California which have extra stuff added in.

That was when this news came out but now it's confirmed. Go to ktm-parts.com and see the price of the 505SX there ;)

XtremeSkier
06-29-2008, 10:10 PM
damnn! glad i got mine when i did! thats frickin expensive

blakefoote
06-30-2008, 12:53 PM
i've done a little homework on the MX KTM bike and hope yall see what i see.....

KTM/ all stock...i think its $11,300
high and low speed comp. adjust/ rebound adjust shocks
maxxis razrs
douglas wheels
+1 stem
+2 a-arms
nerfs
killswitch

You will need to add these parts just to make the honda as good as the KTM....

Honda
H&L comp/ rebound shox..........about $2250 (looked up Fox)
razrs.........$260
douglas wheels......... around $400 (douglas)
stem...........$300
standard +2 arms...........$625 (houser)
standard nerfs...........150 (standard AC)
killawitch............$40

$4025 in parts to match the KTM
The 2009 Honda will cost somewhere around $8000 at my dealer
adds up to be a total of $12,025

so in my opinion the KTM is good to go...

GE4x4
06-30-2008, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by blakefoote
i've done a little homework on the MX KTM bike and hope yall see what i see.....

KTM/ all stock...i think its $11,300
high and low speed comp. adjust/ rebound adjust shocks
maxxis razrs
douglas wheels
+1 stem
+2 a-arms
nerfs
killswitch

You will need to add these parts just to make the honda as good as the KTM....

Honda
H&L comp/ rebound shox..........about $2250 (looked up Fox)
razrs.........$260
douglas wheels......... around $400 (douglas)
stem...........$300
standard +2 arms...........$625 (houser)
standard nerfs...........150 (standard AC)
killawitch............$40

$4025 in parts to match the KTM
The 2009 Honda will cost somewhere around $8000 at my dealer
adds up to be a total of $12,025

so in my opinion the KTM is good to go...

You don't have a very good dealer then. You can get 08 450r's all day for just over $6000, and the 09 would be near $7000. I don't see Honda raising the price of the R $1000.

Plus, the 450R stock parts can be sold for some nice coin. If not, you keep them, then when it's time to get another, just swap the parts over. Can't do that with the KTM.

xsr_racing28c
06-30-2008, 03:53 PM
GE4x4...

One question:
Have you ever build a race ready atv?

GE4x4
06-30-2008, 04:30 PM
XC version, so yes. But I also know I can put all my stock stuff back on and put all my mods on my next ride. So my next ride will be much cheaper. Or I can sell them to recoop the $$ spent. I can see there SX version being at the cost they have, I just have trouble with there XC prices.

blakefoote
06-30-2008, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by GE4x4
You don't have a very good dealer then. You can get 08 450r's all day for just over $6000, and the 09 would be near $7000. I don't see Honda raising the price of the R $1000.

Plus, the 450R stock parts can be sold for some nice coin. If not, you keep them, then when it's time to get another, just swap the parts over. Can't do that with the KTM.

i agree with the other dude.... have you ever built a race quad... even if the honda is 7000 it then matches the Ktm's price when it takes several months to build that stuff and get all that stuff in....when KTM you are ready to race the day you buy it...

blakefoote
06-30-2008, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by hondarider11
The thing is these parts on the ktm are not top of the line parts. Yes they have names like douglas and all that but they are not top of the line douglas parts and the shocks are not top of the line and any racer that wants a good level bike will replace all of that stuff anyway or at least get the shocks revlaved and add more stuff to it. And where that guy priced fox shocks for 2300 or whatever must of saw a package deal for shocks and a arms because they are 1500.

yeah i was talking about all three....1450 for the front 850 for rear.....

and the douglas wheeles on the SX are the best you can buy....they are yellow label

blakefoote
06-30-2008, 08:33 PM
Another thing is about the +1 stem and +2 a arms crap that you mentioned. It is stock parts it is just like honda making theirs 2 inches longer and their stem longer. They make their bikes with average parts so people aren't throwing away expensive parts to build them up for racing.

i can see your point on the stem but how are the arms crap? im just saying the +1 stem sits the same hieghth as the +1 stem on a honda over the seat

patrickj75
06-30-2008, 09:07 PM
the a-arms, swingarm etc on the KTM (both XC and SX) are chromoly just like the aftermarket ones you wait months to get.

xsr_racing28c
07-01-2008, 07:48 AM
hondarider11:
Yes many people will probably convert to aftermarket arms to suit there riding style, but in no way are the stock arms junk. They actually are very nicely built and have great qualities over all others I've seen.

I did a little snooping on you as well, and can't seem to figure out if you even have a quad. Do you? let alone a KTM ??

Jay

OutlawBill
07-01-2008, 08:16 AM
Another thing is about the +1 stem and +2 a arms crap that you mentioned. It is stock parts it is just like honda making theirs 2 inches longer and their stem longer. They make their bikes with average parts so people aren't throwing away expensive parts to build them up for racing. Honda'a are made with cheap steel, KTM Chromoly and Aluminum nothing average on the KTM, Handlebar Magura + many other top quality parts, and it is only one of two quads that you can buy in the morning and race in the afternoon all you need too add are your numbers.

xsr_racing28c
07-01-2008, 11:50 AM
Quote: Hondarider11
Main forum quote:
"I have all stock suspension because I had a pep houser front end and lsr axle and i just feel so much more comfortable on a stock front end with a axle. I know everyone says I'm crazy."

KTM Forum Quote:
"The thing is these parts on the ktm are not top of the line parts. Yes they have names like douglas and all that but they are not top of the line douglas parts and the shocks are not top of the line and any racer that wants a good level bike will replace all of that stuff anyway or at least get the shocks revlaved and add more stuff to it. And where that guy priced fox shocks for 2300 or whatever must of saw a package deal for shocks and a arms because they are 1500."

ME:
So what is your take on this? You say that Ohlins arn't good enough for the KTM to be considered "race ready" but yet you apparently give up full aftermarket suspension because the stock stuff performs better? Don't get it, I'm pretty sure stock Honda shocks are way less of quality than an Ohlins Dual rate dual adjust that comes stock on a KTM.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but if you have no knowledge of this machine and have no interest in the KTM, then its in your best interest to stay out of the KTM section because you have NO "real" feedback or any knowledge what so ever about this quad to put forth to other members. Par for Par, the KTM is a much more superior quad than a stock Honda. Trust me I've owned 3 450r's and have one sitting right next to my KTM. ;)

My .02

mcracer
07-01-2008, 07:11 PM
well said! I wanted to but wouldn't have been so nice:devil:

GE4x4
07-02-2008, 03:53 AM
For those who have the 525xc, would you pay $2000 more for that same quad?? 9 mounths ago the 525xc was $8900, now the 09 with pretty much no changes are $10,900.

Quadevil
07-02-2008, 06:48 AM
For those who have the 525xc, would you pay $2000 more for that same quad?? 9 mounths ago the 525xc was $8900, now the 09 with pretty much no changes are $10,900.

Blame the weak dollar.

9 months ago
€1 = $1.36
KTM 525XC
$8900 = €6550

Now
€1 = $1.57
KTM 525XC
$10900 = €6950

So KTM only put more €500...

xsr_racing28c
07-02-2008, 07:12 AM
Its tough hearing about the price increase. I was going to hold out for an SX, but after realizing that I'd be paying an extra $3300 over what I paid for my new 450XC for just the different motor, it just didn't seem worth it.

I know I know, I'd be getting more than just the different motor, but I already had plans of running Walsh/PEP suspension, so all of the extra add on's of the SX were going to be piled anyways...

Jay

mcracer : I was hesitant as well, but after all Im glad the point was made! :ermm:

GE4x4
07-02-2008, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Quadevil
Blame the weak dollar.

9 months ago
€1 = $1.36
KTM 525XC
$8900 = €6550

Now
€1 = $1.57
KTM 525XC
$10900 = €6950

So KTM only put more €500...

Makes sense. The sad part about it, it doesn't look like it's going to any better.:mad:

bryishre
07-04-2008, 09:39 PM
i would still buy one now its worth the money in my eyes just think to all the people who bought one when they first came out they didnt loose money they gained no depreation

ktMan
07-07-2008, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by bryishre
i would still buy one now its worth the money in my eyes just think to all the people who bought one when they first came out they didnt loose money they gained no depreation aha ya i like the thought of that! a nice little investment im sitting on.

KingpinsEx
07-07-2008, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by xsr_racing28c

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but if you have no knowledge of this machine and have no interest in the KTM, then its in your best interest to stay out of the KTM section because you have NO "real" feedback or any knowledge what so ever about this quad to put forth to other members. Par for Par, the KTM is a much more superior quad than a stock Honda.

First off it does sound like your being a jerk if you are searching through the forums just to find something someone said to counter a post, sounds like you have too much free time too me. And keen observation there on the par for par, I guess thats why the KTM costs 5k more than the honda which could be built with parts made for YOU.

aboveall1
07-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Just wondering why the Honda guys are wasting their time here bashing the KTM's, apparently with not a lot of knowledge about the bikes, other than what other people are saying. Talk about "TOO MUCH TIME ON YOUR HANDS"

my .02

08 KTM 450XC
J&E 13.1
Hot cam
CT Racing full exhaust

TheNewn
07-13-2008, 02:11 AM
I kinda agree with KTM's being over priced. I completely understand the jump in price because the US dollar is sucking some testicle, but for 11K? come on, seriously? That's just ridiculous. We're talking Cannondale prices now.

And who ever added up prices of after market stuff for a 450R kinda boned it hard core. Comparing Fox shocks on Housers to stock KTM? I know the KTM's are good, but they're not THAT good.

I think a better comparison would be an LTR450 instead of a 450R.

I'd rather buy an LTR and put the 3-4 grand into it, than buy a KTM. I think you'd get more for your money.

And before any of you go "ZOMFG!11!!!1ONE!!1!! YOU'RE A NEWB WHO CANT SPELL KTM LET ALONE HAS ONE!11!!1!!!"...its just an opinion.

prairiemonster
07-14-2008, 11:34 AM
I have to agree they are not that great for the amount money they cost.It has nothing to do with the dollar compared to the euro if that's true why didn't the price of the dirt bikes shoot up too!
If you know KTM ,then you know who Tim Farr is, ask him how much money he has in his 450xc to make it a winner.Let me tell you $19,000+.Take any 450 and put that kind of money in it and it will be a winner too.
If you pay that high price for a KTM then the other quad companes will think the atv world is just plum full of fools and will raise thier prices too.I just can't wait for every 450/525 to cost $10,000.
If you don't buy them,they can't sell them.If they can't sell them then they will have to drop the price or go back to europe where they belong.They must not be selling that well over there either,that's why they want your money.
Just in case you have not noticed Can-am has been tearing KTM up at most of the races,read the report.:D
THE END

patrickj75
07-14-2008, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by prairiemonster

If you know KTM ,then you know who Tim Farr is, ask him how much money he has in his 450xc to make it a winner.Let me tell you $19,000+.Take any 450 and put that kind of money in it and it will be a winner too.

Just in case you have not noticed Can-am has been tearing KTM up at most of the races,read the report.:D
THE END

Look at Farr's TT quad. There's still alot of stock parts on it. He won the first time out last year with minimal parts.

What races are you watching? Can-Am can barely finish a GNCC race this year. How many wins do they have? Not as many as KTM. THE END.

:D

aboveall1
07-14-2008, 03:08 PM
Look at Farr's TT quad. There's still alot of stock parts on it. He won the first time out last year with minimal parts.

What races are you watching? Can-Am can barely finish a GNCC race this year. How many wins do they have? Not as many as KTM. THE END.

:D
Well said!:devil:

thump4863
07-14-2008, 03:26 PM
You guys need to get out and meet some people. All you people gripping about MSRP are the ones who pay it!!!! I got a hell of a deal on mine just by using the internet and talking to mulitple dealers.

sideways
07-14-2008, 03:47 PM
i was saving some money for a down payment on a 525xc, and after reading this thread, i'm gonna have to save a little longer. :(
i am a honda owner, and love it. i wouldnt give it up, however i will buy a ktm over another honda as my next bike.

over the past 6 years i've been building my bike for xc, the tab gets high quick. but thats the way it is on any bike, you ride them, things get damaged/break, and you replace them. might as well start with a bike thats superior to begin with. i.e ktm

prairiemonster
07-14-2008, 05:21 PM

:D Go to the front of this web site and read racing news everyday and you 'll see what they say. If that's the quad he ran at pikes peak then it only has 2 stock parts on it, the frame and the plastic.
The point is, still way to much money for a good quad not a great one in stock trim.
I must not be looking in the right places for all them KTM wins, where did you say they was at.

OutlawBill
07-14-2008, 07:29 PM
Go to the front of this web site and read racing news everyday and you 'll see what they say. If that's the quad he ran at pikes peak then it only has 2 stock parts on it, the frame and the plastic.
The point is, still way to much money for a good quad not a great one in stock trim.
I must not be looking in the right places for all them KTM wins, where did you say they was at. If KTM has race the Pikes Peak race they are very fast cause the race is this weekend, 3 GNCC 1st overall Pro class

coryatver
07-14-2008, 08:52 PM
There original price was reasonable and in the price range of way more buyers. They just went into the cannondale price range and we all know how that works out. Not only is the dollar weak for them but also the people wanting to buy a quad! I wouldn't be surprise to see them selling for a lot less at dealers. and about 3 gncc first class wins.. big deal! they have a whole full factory support of course they can win and there race bikes there is not hardly a stock part on them although it appears so. The 400ex won 3 gncc overalls when it came out.

aboveall1
07-15-2008, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by coryatver
There original price was reasonable and in the price range of way more buyers. They just went into the cannondale price range and we all know how that works out. Not only is the dollar weak for them but also the people wanting to buy a quad! I wouldn't be surprise to see them selling for a lot less at dealers. and about 3 gncc first class wins.. big deal! they have a whole full factory support of course they can win and there race bikes there is not hardly a stock part on them although it appears so. The 400ex won 3 gncc overalls when it came out.
I'm pretty sure that over half the field in GNCC Pro is some sort of "factory" ride, so not a good argument. And besides, why all the arguing in the first place. You guys that are crying about the prices dont seem to like the KTM's any way, so why complain about something you never were gonna get involved with anyway! And US that do like the KTM's, will shop, and like me, wont pay anything close to MSRP, and get the best "stock" quad money can buy!

patrickj75
07-15-2008, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by aboveall1
I'm pretty sure that over half the field in GNCC Pro is some sort of "factory" ride, so not a good argument. And besides, why all the arguing in the first place. You guys that are crying about the prices dont seem to like the KTM's any way, so why complain about something you never were gonna get involved with anyway! And US that do like the KTM's, will shop, and like me, wont pay anything close to MSRP, and get the best "stock" quad money can buy!

Thank you!:D

prairiemonster
07-15-2008, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by OutlawBill
If KTM has race the Pikes Peak race they are very fast cause the race is this weekend, 3 GNCC 1st overall Pro class It was last years race and KTM won it,but so has most of the other brands,it just cost them a lot less money to win.
3 wins in the pro class is not much to brag about!What about all the guys who race not in the pro class without factory backing and lots of money are they winning?Pro class quads are not even close to stock,KTMs claim to fame is that you can buy a stock quad and win races,but ktm has not done it yet.
The topic is the price,at 1-2 thousand more than the other quads in 08 was not to bad but another 2 grand on top of that for 09 with no changes is more like rape instead of a good _ _ _ _ing.
I like a few others on here was thinking about a new KTM but the
new prices shot that!:(

OutlawBill
07-15-2008, 10:52 AM
It was last years race and KTM won it,but so has most of the other brands,it just cost them a lot less money to win.
3 wins in the pro class is not much to brag about!What about all the guys who race not in the pro class without factory backing and lots of money are they winning?Pro class quads are not even close to stock,KTMs claim to fame is that you can buy a stock quad and win races,but ktm has not done it yet.
The topic is the price,at 1-2 thousand more than the other quads in 08 was not to bad but another 2 grand on top of that for 09 with no changes is more like rape instead of a good _ _ _ _ing.
I like a few others on here was thinking about a new KTM but the
new prices shot that!:( last year race no KTM quad raced

aboveall1
07-15-2008, 10:58 AM
Again, If you plan on paying MSRP, then there's alot to learn.
I can tell you that i paid about 1K UNDER MSRP for my 450XC, and if and when I decide to get an 09 SX, I will not be paying anything close to MSRP. So, if you are genuine in your statment about getting a KTM until you saw the price, then you must know that if you waited this long, you can wait about 2-3 months after the realease of the 09's, and get a great deal! As far as the races go, this years point standings in the GNCC's speak for themselves. And in the "amature" classes, I guess its easier for a guy that is doing good with what he has and keep it, than to sell it for less than half of what he has into it to buy ANY new quad let alone a KTM. They have only been available to us for just under a year and I know here on the west coast, we are doing pretty good.

prairiemonster
07-15-2008, 02:10 PM
last year race no KTM quad raced
You are right, it was the Erzberg,Iron Mountain race that Farr got second place in with his $19,000 quad.Sorry about the mistake!:)

OutlawBill
07-15-2008, 02:45 PM
You are right, it was the Erzberg,Iron Mountain race that Farr got second place in with his $19,000 quad.Sorry about the mistake!:) Look stock to me were did you git the $19,000 from? Nd if it did cost 19K he sure did beat all the other 19K= quad all the best they ever did was 60th he was jsut a lille over 4 sec out of first place overall, I think Tim and the KTM did a outstandig job.( not bad for a first year quad)

aboveall1
07-15-2008, 03:08 PM
Look stock to me were did you git the $19,000 from? Nd if it did cost 19K he sure did beat all the other 19K= quad all the best they ever did was 60th he was jsut a lille over 4 sec out of first place overall, I think Tim and the KTM did a outstandig job.( not bad for a first year quad)

Alright, we know how good the quad is stock compared to every other stock quad. We should really just leave it at that. If YOU think the price is too high for anything, you wont buy it! I know I wouldn't, and I also wouldn"t be bashing it and complaining about it. I think you really want one! You are just looking for reasons to not get one! The bottom line is once you find the right deal and you pick one up and ride it! you will singing a different tune! I guarantee!

prairiemonster
07-15-2008, 04:19 PM
Look stock to me were did you git the $19,000 from? Nd if it did cost 19K he sure did beat all the other 19K= quad all the best they ever did was 60th he was jsut a lille over 4 sec out of first place overall, I think Tim and the KTM did a outstandig job.( not bad for a first year quad) From Tims own mouth $9,000 quad and 9 more for the extras,like a $935 pipe that was hand carried from Austria on the plane by a KTM rep.If thier stock quad is as good as you and KTM claim they are they should be kicking butt every place, but there not.Plus when there that good there is no need for any after market stuff,right?
I have nothing against the quad,it's the price and all the hipe that goes with it.Just because it cost the most, does not make it the best,because KTM makes some of the best dirt bikes in the world does not mean they make the best quads in the world.

neals03400
07-15-2008, 08:56 PM
wow! is all i can say about what ive read. KTM builds a quad with nice trick parts and charges around 2 grand more than your average jap bike and everyone bashes it. you should all know its 90% rider and 10%bike when it comes to racing. i dont see how anyone can say it doesnt have quality parts, show me an aftermarket company with heim joints with rubber seals built in. what factory bike is built with a chromeolly chasis and a arms that are adjustable. more than half the people on here bashing it cant ride the bike you got to its full potential. I have riden and been around every make and model there is and have owned hondas for 20 years and never have i seen an attention to detial and the quality of craftmanship that KTM has. if you dont like the KTM then go buy a jap bike and spend another 6 grand for all the extras, i know i have, and i can still race it, but id rather be riding my 525. this quad is made for xc all the people swithing parts arent doing it because the parts are garbage its because they have a preference or a sponser who pays for it. show me a pro bike that doesnt have a bunch of money dumped in it from aftermaket companies. how many hondas and yamahas have anything stock left on them in the pro class. there isnt a stock bike that comes close to how this thing performs out of the box. the power is great the trans is smoth the suspension is far better than anything stock and most aftermarket setups ive ridden. sure it needs a little fine tuning but so did my elka setup on my other quad. I didnt think it would live up to the hype then i rode it and havnt stoped smileing since. anyone who is on the fence about buying it get off and go get it you wont be disapointed.

GE4x4
07-16-2008, 04:02 AM
Your 08 was only $2000 more and I didn't hear to many bash that. But the same quad you have now is allmost $4000 more for 09. Now that is a big difference.

neals03400
07-16-2008, 06:26 AM
YEAH THAT SUCKS FOR EVERYONE WHO DIDINT GET AN 08. I PAID 8000 FOR MINE AFTER IT SAT IN THE SHOWROOM FOR 6 MONTHS.
WE CAN ONLY THANK OUR GOV FOR THE FALLING VALUE OF THE AMERICAN DOLLAR!!!!

stoopidbot
07-28-2008, 11:51 AM
The 09 525 cost $14,990. That's MSRP. That's more than my Rhino cost, give me a break.

400exrider707
07-29-2008, 10:13 PM
Who leaves their quads stock anyways?

I honestly dont get why so many people argue over this and that on their quad like its the king s h i t of turd hill, when no one rides a stock quad to begin with!

Jay you tell them man, you know how to build quads! You build them things and then sell all the parts to me, you da man!

TheNewn
07-29-2008, 11:42 PM
I ride around a Stock 400EX..

xsr_racing28c
07-30-2008, 10:04 AM
I think its funny as well 400exrider707!!! Seriously, if there were a way to buy just a frame motor and electronics, I'd be in heaven!

Sure in some cases a stock quad will suffice, but in most riders minds they are dead set on giving there machine its own personality. Whether it be suspension, body work , or motor mods, usually stock will not do. I think that the KTM is a very nice machine inside and out. Ive completely torn mine down and seen the little gadgets here and there that make the KTM that much greater than the one BEHIND it on the track! lol...

Anyways, for those of you who are bashing or beating up the pricing of the KTM, you probably are not the right owner for this quad. If your looking for the best bang for the buck I'd say this is it, but thats just my opinion. If you are only looking to spend $6 or so and expect to get a perfect machine, your best bet is to get a used one thats been modded.

Again, I put in my 2 cents.... :cool:

TWISTED
07-30-2008, 01:01 PM
last year race no KTM quad raced

Check your info. Farr won a TT championship, a super moto race, and he raced a GNCC event last year on a KTM.........

OutlawBill
07-30-2008, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED
Check your info. Farr won a TT championship, a super moto race, and he raced a GNCC event last year on a KTM.........
I did I was referring too the 07 Pikes Peak Hill Climb :blah: P.S. no KTM ATV in 08 :blah: :blah:

ammon660
07-31-2008, 06:58 PM
i looked at the review for the 09's tells all of the features like 1 tool wrenching 5 minute brake changes, comes with two hoods regular w/light and race hood that just covers light. adjustable CDI unplug and u go from haul *** to smooth power. Its beatiful and the 50 inch stance is great but...... you could just buy a Suzuki which is 7399 the first and now with ktm the only atv's with 50 stance. but with that you can get a 08' suzuki for 7000 tax and everything and save around 5000 cause Ktm would cost around 12000. the suzuki is also fuel injected which means you dont have to buy jet kits for your pipe and you dont have to worry about elevation changes. EFI in suzuki does it for u. and with that extra 5000 u could get $25 kill switch, $500 aftermarket exhaust, $120 pro airfilter kit, efi controller, fox racing evol xw/ remote resorvoir $1700, durablue x33 $700 proven on fastest street legal quad raptor 700 at 202MPH!!!!!!!!, itp holeshotsw/ beadlock tires 700, Waslh arms and LSr swingarm 1300, and rath racing complete nerf bar,heelguard, and footpeg for 385. thats 4980 and with those performance parts thats proven to add on suzuki ltr 450 14-15 hp with baffle removed and airbox lid off. Then u have ur own custom quad the way u like it and for the same price as the ktm much faster and the way u want it to look.

neals03400
08-01-2008, 06:52 AM
Definatly your own quad but i dont know about faster. no one has ridden a new one and my buddy has a ltr and i burn his *** everytime by about 6 or 7 bikes, those bolt ons arent gona make up that difference. but you would have a really nice bike.

aboveall1
08-01-2008, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by ammon660
i looked at the review for the 09's tells all of the features like 1 tool wrenching 5 minute brake changes, comes with two hoods regular w/light and race hood that just covers light. adjustable CDI unplug and u go from haul *** to smooth power. Its beatiful and the 50 inch stance is great but...... you could just buy a Suzuki which is 7399 the first and now with ktm the only atv's with 50 stance. but with that you can get a 08' suzuki for 7000 tax and everything and save around 5000 cause Ktm would cost around 12000. the suzuki is also fuel injected which means you dont have to buy jet kits for your pipe and you dont have to worry about elevation changes. EFI in suzuki does it for u. and with that extra 5000 u could get $25 kill switch, $500 aftermarket exhaust, $120 pro airfilter kit, efi controller, fox racing evol xw/ remote resorvoir $1700, durablue x33 $700 proven on fastest street legal quad raptor 700 at 202MPH!!!!!!!!, itp holeshotsw/ beadlock tires 700, Waslh arms and LSr swingarm 1300, and rath racing complete nerf bar,heelguard, and footpeg for 385. thats 4980 and with those performance parts thats proven to add on suzuki ltr 450 14-15 hp with baffle removed and airbox lid off. Then u have ur own custom quad the way u like it and for the same price as the ktm much faster and the way u want it to look.
Dont forget tax and shipping for most, easily another$5-600! Then only getting a gain of only 15hp! And STILL not faster than a stock KTM! Do a little more research pal, I have done the EXACT build on the Suzuki and was more then the $4980 you quoted, and I get half of those parts and huge discounts! And now have the 08 KTM 450, and it blows the LTR out of the water! And the 09 MX is even faster and a little better!

chad6713
08-01-2008, 10:46 AM
What about all the guys who race not in the pro class without factory backing and lots of money are they winning?Pro class quads are not even close to stock,KTMs claim to fame is that you can buy a stock quad and win races,but ktm has not done it yet.
(

I've won 3 gncc's in the A class this year on a pretty much stock 525. All that it has it wheels, tireballs, and a slip on. Other people I know that are racing them have won a couple as well. Do some research before you start talking chit!!! They are GREAT bikes. People on atv's should be happy that this has finally happened to our sport. Before you never even had the option to buy a race ready quad, now we do and people bash it.......wtf....

WesDS450X
08-02-2008, 02:54 AM
i raced a ktm 525 stock with 22' 10 paddle haulers vs my stock ds450x with 20' 10 paddle haulers and he only took me buy a quad length xP

TheNewn
08-02-2008, 03:33 PM
There have been 'race ready' quads before KTM was in the business of ATV's...Cannondale? the LTR...

In my opinion,

Is the KTM a nice quad? Yes

Is the KTM a nice quad for the price? ...maybe

Crusty450er
08-02-2008, 09:40 PM
yes i have a honda 450r with all the mods. but how i feel about the new KTM that it is one sick quad. for the mods on my honda it took a very long time to save up little by little cuz we all have bills to pay unless you have daddy paying for everything. for me its kinda tough to pay that much for for the KTM cuz of the payments on it and the rest of my bills and what funds will be needed to go and race[fuel to get there food registration fees ect.}would be out of my budget and and for alot of others budgets too. for the people bashing the KtM they are thick headed and dont know what quality and craftmenship went into the KTM. for me and me only i cant justify the 2009 KTM prices cuz its out of my budget and i wont sell my honda cuz everyone thinks it dont matter how much you put into it and all the blood and sweat to maintain it they still want it for practically nothing. so i will just day dream about the KTM and hope a pile of money lands on me to make my dream come true.
good luck to you guys on your discussion and your decisions and ignore the bull crap of these other guys:D

Supercup
08-05-2008, 10:57 PM
I think the KTM was worth the $2,000 extra, but $4,000 is a big spread, but I would still buy one. I love the 525 motor, my favorite bike!

What surprised me is the $2,000 price increase from last year. I was lucky to get a 2008 525 XC well below MSRP ($7,800 OTD). And believe it or not I have not even ridden it yet (sad but true). It has been bounced around between a bunch of aftermarkte names as a parts making bike. I get free parts installed of whatever they make. So when it comes back it will be a KTM + a lot of nice parts (exhaust, nerf bars, steering stabilizer, K&N air filter kit, bumper, grab bar. improved cooling, etc.). Hell for all I know somebody might have been racing it all year, I got it last September.

Maybe I will just sell it and make some money, Nah, what fun would that be!

JCM

pascalfr
08-06-2008, 07:02 AM
Nice videos

24mm but really interesting
http://www.atvondemand.com/index.php?page=videos&section=memberview&vid_id=100167

In action
http://www.atvondemand.com/index.php?page=videos&section=memberview&vid_id=100170

KingpinsEx
08-06-2008, 07:21 AM
How long have people been waiting for this kind of bike? Well I suppose since cannondale went belly up. So KTM can't take all the credit but I feel they outdid even them with this sx and their xc bikes. After reviewing all the info out on it this thing is amazingly well thoughtout. Is the price worth it, I certainly think so. I won't be buying one though, not only the cost but lack of dealerships in my area (closest ktm shop 3 hours away).

But I still think what they are doing for the sport is great and don't see the sense on complaining about the price. They went the extra mile on this machine with racers in mind, so it's not going to be cheap. As for the price increase, seems to me that people usually get bikes much lower than msrp so they probably jacked them up with that in mind so they won't lose money.

TheNewn
08-08-2008, 11:05 PM
Seen Can-Am's new DS 450 XC and MX versions of the bike for 2009? Getting harder and harder to justify the price of the KTM...DS450 for both versions are under or right at 9K if i remember correctly.

4-5K less than the KTM? Hm...

pascalfr
08-09-2008, 02:03 AM
Don’t forget parity € vs $

In Europe (I am leaving in France) the 450 SX cost around 10.800 € and 525 SX around 11.100€

Based on today parity (thanks yahoo), If I use $ as comparison, in Europe 450 SX cost 16.205 $ and 525 SX cost 16.556 $ !!!

Keep in mind shipping cost from Austria to France is less expensive than across the Atlantic

For my point of view KTM is less expensive in US than in Europe :) :) :) :)

In any case KTM are really nice ATV … :blah: :blah: :blah:

Excuse my approximate english ;)

KingpinsEx
08-10-2008, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by TheNewn
Seen Can-Am's new DS 450 XC and MX versions of the bike for 2009? Getting harder and harder to justify the price of the KTM...DS450 for both versions are under or right at 9K if i remember correctly.

4-5K less than the KTM? Hm...

DS 450x MX - 9k

KTM 450sx - 12k

Looks more like 3k difference to me and thats 3k well spent. Don't get me wrong, I think thats a very reasonable price for a mx ready atv but if I was going to throw down 9 grand I think I would splurg for the KTM. I have ridden the DS 450 alot and the engine remains the same for the mx version and in my opinion the power is a little weak. KTM claims to be the fastest performing atv plus I'd take a full chromoly frame over aluminum anyday. Well worth it too me...:macho

ben300
08-13-2008, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by pascalfr
Don’t forget parity € vs $

In Europe (I am leaving in France) the 450 SX cost around 10.800 € and 525 SX around 11.100€

Based on today parity (thanks yahoo), If I use $ as comparison, in Europe 450 SX cost 16.205 $ and 525 SX cost 16.556 $ !!!

Keep in mind shipping cost from Austria to France is less expensive than across the Atlantic

For my point of view KTM is less expensive in US than in Europe :) :) :) :)

In any case KTM are really nice ATV … :blah: :blah: :blah:

Excuse my approximate english ;)

i find that a bit retarded... i personally am drulling over the KTM 450xc...i would love to have one, i personaly would love own one. I know the engine is top notch cause i have ridden an 04 sx250 a ton and it runs like a rape date, but if the quad ends up costing $13k to $16k U.S., then i'm gonna have to say that i would much rather go out and buy a trx450r or a lt450r and build it up. I couldnt personally right now in the beginning of my career afford that, but i could slowly piece together one of teh toehr bikes for that much and make it run like a mother f'er....which i have already done with one bike...and it runs like no other.

but i can see why people are complaining, yes to who ever said it, no one keeps a bike stock, stock sucks, but forking out that much for a better than stock bike, maybe race ready, is hard to do for most americans.

...tho if given the chance to purchase a brand new 450 or 525xc for a great deal...hell ya id jump on that like stink on ****

pascalfr
08-14-2008, 11:33 AM
Oupps … there’s a mistake :eek2:
I am not leaving in France … but I am living in France … :D :D :D :D

As you can see, my english is really approximate :D

BenIL
08-16-2008, 11:45 PM
I found these MSRP prices on KTMtalk.

450xc-$10,698
525xc-$10,998
450sx-$11,398
505sx-$11,698

That is near $2000 more then when they 1st came out for the 450 and 525.
:eek2:

:eek2: :eek2:
If those are the prices, I'll buy it.
Look, the price over here, in Israel, are -
KTM 525XC - 90,000 NIS (= 23,685$)
KTM 450XC - 89,000 NIS (= 23,422$)
And the 09 SX's not here yet, and we don't know the prices for those.
With the price of the 08's, KTM sold like 18 ATVs already.

WesDS450X
08-17-2008, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
DS 450x MX - 9k

KTM 450sx - 12k

Looks more like 3k difference to me and thats 3k well spent. Don't get me wrong, I think thats a very reasonable price for a mx ready atv but if I was going to throw down 9 grand I think I would splurg for the KTM. I have ridden the DS 450 alot and the engine remains the same for the mx version and in my opinion the power is a little weak. KTM claims to be the fastest performing atv plus I'd take a full chromoly frame over aluminum anyday. Well worth it too me...:macho

DS450 frames is beefy, may not look like it but its sturdy as ****!, also the rotax 449 motor doesnt need any upgrades for the 09! have u rode a ds450 with K&N lid off pink wire cut and exhuast? iv spanked so many 450's out there with a stock DS with just the lid off stock filter stock exhuast with baffle out and the pink wire cut even the KTM450! +with that 3k you can beef up a DS450 and run away from the KTM

woodsracer144
08-26-2008, 08:54 PM
dude go to your dealer! im workin on a 08 xc 450 for 7200 right now and im tryin to talk him down more...

SEBZX79
10-16-2008, 12:49 PM
That is a great price, I think the invoice on them is 7488.

I have an 08 Kawi and am thinking about the 450xc as I dont feel like doing all the other work on the kawi. I am in South NJ and cheapest I could go so far is 8498.

jboz5786
10-19-2008, 03:33 PM
I bought my 08 for 8500 I thought that was bad. Why they jacked it up is because this year they didn't go with the dirt bike motor. This years have the dual overhead cam and thats about it.

250racer2010
10-23-2008, 05:51 PM
its not saying nothing when u compare which quad is better by the wins they have on the track. because everyone that races xc would buy a yamaha. if u took bill balance and put him on adam mcgills quad i bet he would win a championship. plus this is ktms first year in gnccs and racing, yamaha has everything worked and figured out. the price may be a lil high but u get what u pay for.

buddy willard
05-07-2011, 07:28 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by GE4x4
XC version, so yes. But I also know I can put all my stock stuff back on and put all my mods on my next ride. So my next ride will be much cheaper. Or I can sell them to recoop the $$ spent. I can see there SX version being at the cost they have, I just have trouble with there XC prices. [ /QUOTE] some people have too much money to spend on ktms (p.o.s) i would rather stick to the reliable honda and just change the parts

SEBZX79
05-07-2011, 07:34 PM
I did buy the 450xc in jan of 09 for 7100 otd and I it has been the best quad i have ever owned. Its just works and unlike all the other quads I have not changed ONE thing on it. Its just a rocket from the box.

cavsfan
05-10-2011, 11:15 AM
a dealer by me has the 45xc for $6600. thinking of getting one but I want a very reliable trail bike. This one fit the bill? Hows the fender protection on these bikes? Any better than a polaris outlaw.

I had an outlaw before and i had a bunch of trouble with it

Rohr397
07-21-2011, 08:24 PM
I've owned all but two of the 450's out there on the market and ridden every single one. I don't know about the reliability of the KTM but I'm going to get rid of my two Banshees and grab onto a brand new KTM525XC because I can get them for about 6,600 to 6,800. Honda 450r's around the NW are still selling for 8,000 for the 06 left overs and I've been there and done that with the Trx450r. If you really look around you can get one of these machines for cheap, buy yourself the extended two year warranty and have yourself the best stock machine on the market for a pretty good price. Compared to the issues I've had with Honda's and Yamaha's a new KTM under a good warranty with more power and better performance at a lower price sounds pretty good to me. I've been ripping apart KTM's for a long time (just look at my signature!:smilie(':rolleyes:') )but I take back everything I've said, these are some pretty awesome machines!

Sick0
08-29-2011, 03:11 PM
I've had my 505sx for year and half. I'm 6'4 240lbs and very hard on my quads. I have 20 races, 0ver 100hrs of ride time, and I have not had one DNF.

normally after a year engines is tired, cracks in the frame, and alot little thing starting showing up.
KTM-Two problems Seat cover sucks, Gas tanks inserts spin.
othere than that, New tires, chain, sprockets, air filter, heal guards.

Bottom lines is Im riding every sunday without spending hours wrenching.

coryatver
08-29-2011, 08:29 PM
I heard KTM is buying back all inventory of KTM quads back from the dealers.