PDA

View Full Version : Lost trails PA

H400ex
06-29-2008, 04:44 PM
Anyone have input on how this place is? I would like to go and check it out. Could you ride for the day and not get bored? Let me know.Thanks

H400ex
02-05-2009, 05:06 PM
ttt just thinking of going again. its been a while.

RIDETHEREJK
02-06-2009, 06:34 PM
I rode there with my wife in Oct. Had alot of fun. Her chain broke so we didn't ride all the trails, but they do have lots of mud and rocks. There's a play ground area and an adventure course, but didn't get to do that. Try going over to theatvzone.com and ask there. That's where I found out about the place. The poeple that run it are great and the dog will amaze you. You throw a rock in the woods and he brings "that" rock back to you.

gabespal
02-07-2009, 06:29 AM
Certainly worth a day, maybe two. Main trail real rocky, may not be so bad with the snow. Trails are marked for degree of difficulty for a reason. The trail “Feelin lucky punk” was a heart stopper. One of our riders had to be helped. The real fun at this place is the trails off the main trail. Explore have fun, be safe.

Some other spots in Pa to check out. Pa. DNRC – Dixon Miller, Trevorton (RAC), and google SSRT, Dixon Miller is free but it is only open May to Oct? SSRT is a $15 permit for the year, but a fun place to ride 7/365. Trevorton (RAC) you also need a permit, $100, I have limited knowledge on this place, but check out the “Trevorton Thread” in this forum for more info. I’m getting my permit this Thursday and I’ll ride it then.

deathman53
02-07-2009, 10:01 AM
all these places require registration and insurance, right?? atleast the rules say so?? I'm building a nice trike for the trails and should be at some of these places during the year. It will have reg/ins also. Ive ridden my trikes in the rocks and its tricky, but alot of fun.

CJM
02-07-2009, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by deathman53
all these places require registration and insurance, right?? atleast the rules say so??
Yea do you need it to ride at say places like lost trails or rausch creek? I cant find it in thier rules at least.

I dont have the registration b/c i got a bill of sale of course and forget insurance for now.

CJM
02-08-2009, 07:08 PM
No one knows if you have to be registered and insured to ride at rausch or lost trails.

If it helps i dont live in pa.

sully55
02-09-2009, 08:45 AM
Rausch Creek is closed. Lease was up, and not renewed, at least for the track. Lost trails require's insurance.

gabespal
02-09-2009, 06:35 PM
Lost trails requires registration and insurance, and personal insurance. If you don't have personal insurance (against injury/death) you will be required to purchase insurance for the day at about $15. State parks you need to be registered and insured

CJM
02-09-2009, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by sully55
Rausch Creek is closed. Lease was up, and not renewed, at least for the track. Lost trails require's insurance.

Since when?? I was just at the 4x4 park like 2 months ago and the atv/bike part was still open.. Damn it, that was the closest place!!!

venom450r
02-10-2009, 02:50 PM
They closed on the last day of november

CJM
02-10-2009, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by venom450r
They closed on the last day of november

That really sucks, i just checked thier site and apparently like paragon they had someone build crap on it.

The place is in the middle of nowhere and they build there..geez.

dbc112
02-16-2009, 12:28 PM
Lost trails removed the requirement for title and reg!!!!! Just got off the phone with them. Said it was to much of a PIA..

SO BRING YOUR OLD hybrid/garage sale quads without a title!!!!!!

coryatver
02-16-2009, 12:45 PM
FYI it is a PA law that everyone has to have registration no matter if it is your own land, private, whatever and insurance. if the quad is for your land only you get registration for free.

If the DNCR shows up at a place like that they could bust you. pretty unlikely that would happen though.

My friend got busted for no registration while his quad was on the back of his truck at a gas station!

dbc112
02-16-2009, 01:22 PM
Since lost trails is private, I am not sure the DCNR can do anything. Crazy..

I cant believe he was busted at a gas station... you can transport antyhing on a trailer or your truck.

I have to call bs on the cop. Fight that one.

coryatver
02-16-2009, 02:07 PM
nope its the law. Doesn't matter if it is private property or not. EVERY ATV in PA has to have a registration plate no exceptions. Doesn't matter if its in the back of your truck or your riding it it has to have registration. ATVs for your own land only get free registration but still have to display a plate.

Most of my buddies don't have registration but if they get caught there going to pay big its a 300 dollar fine.

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/Forestry/atv/ATVBrochure.pdf

deathman53
02-16-2009, 02:49 PM
this is even for tower city??? or what its called now, rausch creek trail riders??

CJM
02-16-2009, 02:59 PM
Im confused here: If you come from out of state do you need to be insured and registered or not?

I can understand if you live there and I already know PA requires it for living there.

coryatver
02-16-2009, 03:19 PM
If PA registration is not honored in your state then you have to get PA registration. Some states honor PA registration not sure which ones they are. You are not likely to get busted at a private ride park but its not worth the risk it is like 10 bucks a year for registration

dbc112
02-16-2009, 07:16 PM
Its more for the people like me.. I bought a quad, I have the title. But the dude signed it and I cant find him. I am in the process dealing with all the DCNR paper work so its taking awhile.

They need these regulations I understand and agree with them.. Just want to ride this summer thats all.

CJM
02-16-2009, 08:41 PM
Wanna know what makes 0 real sense:

Ive been to Rausch Creek Offroad park for 4x4's. You can bring ANYTHING you want, it doesnt have to be insured, registered or anything as alot of the trucks are built for offroad only. So how can they require ins/reg for one park but not the other (yea I know RC MC/ATV is closed)

This makes no sense, so your saying that to ride anywhere in PA you need to either have (in my case) NJ reg/ins? I cant get that b/c I dont have the title only a bill of sale and to go thru it and get insurance is not only a pain but extra $$$ I dont have to pay since I ride private land in NJ. OR you pay for PA ins/reg which wont work for an out of state person.

Ugh this is annoying.

hale23
02-23-2009, 01:46 AM
Pa is pricky about being titled... The way I see it, you're just gonna run from them anyways, right? They want you to have a plate so they can get the number and catch ya. Turds.

tony400ex
02-23-2009, 10:24 AM
raush creek is still open... it was called tower city.. the only thing they closed was the mx track
and im reading alot of things you guys are saying about insurance and reg etc... tower city you dont need any of that they dont require it.. its there own land the dec and cops and do nothing about it

CJM
02-24-2009, 12:41 PM
Thats what I was trying to understand Tony.

How could they want you to be reg/ins when they dont want/need it for the 4x4 park.

Thanks for clearing the issue up.

tony400ex
02-24-2009, 01:36 PM
im not sure if tower city, and lost trails are the same place... but i do know that i contacted tower city witch is also rausch creek on feb 21st and the lady on the phone told me that there is no need for reg or insurance all they did was close the mx track, ....... if someone is a memeber there they can take up to 3 guest with them the fee is $ 50 a day and you basically have to obey the rules and regualtions just like everywhere else,
From what ive seen and been told byu good friends of mine that i ride with everyweekend, tower city is the place to be.. more then enough stuff to do

dbc112
03-17-2009, 01:33 PM
how is rausch/tower for Sport Quads.

I was at lost trails (different place BTW) and it was major rocks and ruts...

Anything you can open up on?

03-19-2009, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
FYI it is a PA law that everyone has to have registration no matter if it is your own land, private, whatever and insurance. if the quad is for your land only you get registration for free.

If the DNCR shows up at a place like that they could bust you. pretty unlikely that would happen though.

My friend got busted for no registration while his quad was on the back of his truck at a gas station!

This guys full of shxt. I raced MX all over NY AND PA for yrs (when i was still riding bikes) and i remember several times where the cops would be at dist.4 races in PA radaring bikes for fun? Do you know how many MX bikes are registerd at those events..... maybe 1 out of 200? I didnt see them walking around with ticket books....

Actually i was pulled over outside of maple shade... i got a no seatbelt ticket for my passenger, and the cop told me suzuki's were better than yamahas..... didnt seem to be wondering where my registrations for bikes that werent being riden were. lol... your a moron if you somehow got a ticket for that....or your just telling stories.
I mean does no one else realize how much of no sence that makes? You could get a ticket for a unregisterd parked non running ATV in your yard in PA???? ooooook

coryatver
03-22-2009, 09:08 AM
off road motorcycles do not need to be registered only quads. Im not "full of shxt". My buddy got a fine when he had his quad in the back of his truck at the gas station! Now I put my plate on my quad when I haul it to the races. I don't want to chance getting a fine. And YES you can get busted in your own yard if you don't have a registration plate on!

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/Forestry/atv/ATVBrochure.pdf

Eviltanker
03-24-2009, 09:35 AM
I was at lost trails on Sat Mar 21st 2009. They asked me for my registration and insurance. You do need it. Also had to buy 2 of their penants for my quads.

dbc112
03-24-2009, 10:39 AM
That is odd. I was at lost beginning of march, no reg or insurance.

The waiver had something on insurance and reg, but this didnt have to be filled out.

I spoke to them directly and they said no. The owner also rode with my group from theatvzone, he said no reg or insurance..

Try calling them and see.. maybe it depends who works the desk, or they changed it up.

gabespal
03-24-2009, 10:43 AM
Did you have to buy additiional accident/health insurance. When I was there last year, I saw on their application that if you had your own policy you had to provide them with the carrier and policy number, otherwise you had to purchase a day policy with them

dbc112
03-24-2009, 10:51 AM
Nothing like that at all.. This is odd..

gabespal
03-24-2009, 11:07 AM
I just emailed them to get to the bottom of this. I don't want to be responsible for false or misleading info. I'll keep you posted.

Eviltanker
03-24-2009, 11:12 AM
Post up what you get back cuz, I'm interested now. I did not pay any extra insurance

hotshotgoal30
03-24-2009, 01:59 PM
you dont have to buy anything. i been there many times. just sign and go basically. never checked to see if there was registartion or insurance on anything

gabespal
03-25-2009, 06:29 AM
Cut and paste response from management at Lost Trails as follows - Question was:"Do you require proof of individual accident/death insurance to ride at your park. And do you require a rider to purchase a day insurance policy if they don't have hteir own."

Answer:"We do not require insurance but we recommend it."

03-26-2009, 05:11 PM
so let me get this right coreyatver.... a dirt bike, say a honda XR600, is NOT a all-terrain vehicle? Its just for racing on closed motocross tracks? Your wrong... D bag.

dbc112
03-26-2009, 06:01 PM
NO HE DID ENT!!!

BIGCATDAVE
03-29-2009, 09:05 AM
Normally I do not call anyone out on these forums, but I've been reading this thread and I find it hard to believe that someone would be ticketed for hauling an unregistered quad. There must be more to the story. By this line of thinking, you could not trailer an unregistered car.

A few years ago, I was hauling 6 (or maybe 7, I need to find the picture and count again) quads to a big group ride. Only 2 were registered. I pulled into a gas station to fill mine and wait on the other trucks in my group. After filling up, I backed into an open parking spot beside a PA state trooper's car. I was sitting on the side of the trailer, watching up the road for my friends when the trooper came out of the store. We exchanged a few joking comments about looking for trouble, and he got in his car. The Trooper was still doing something on his lap top when I pulled out. Never once did he even look for tags on the quads.

Also, during the group ride that dbc112 is referring to at Lost Trails, a local police patrol came in to the parking lot. Dozens of riders without tags on thier quads drove around the patrol car as he sat there shooting the bull with the park owner's son. No one got checked then either.

If someone got cited for not having registration, while their quad was being transported, they may have been seen riding somewhere and were just spotted later.

coryatver
03-29-2009, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by mx411
so let me get this right coreyatver.... a dirt bike, say a honda XR600, is NOT a all-terrain vehicle? Its just for racing on closed motocross tracks? Your wrong... D bag.

The definition of all terrain vehicle is in my post above. It has to have 3 or more tires to be classified as an ATV. OFF ROAD MOTORCYCLES DO NOT HAVE REGISTRATION IN PA.

And I don't care if you don't believe he got a ticket for having a non registered atv in the back of his truck that is what happen. That is good to hear you have had good luck with law enforcement. I have run into some also. Most of them leave you alone if you are not causing trouble. Some hate atvs and will follow the law to there fullest power and I am not going to take the chance.

Some people seem confused where pay-to-ride trials don't require registration/insurance. These places do not enforce the state laws if they got your money they could care less its not there problem if you get caught. If a State cop shows up to the place THEY CAN FINE YOU for not having registrations/insurance.

I am just trying to help other PA riders keep out of trouble because it seems like most people do not know the rules or understand them. I am not making anything up. You can find it all in the atv/snowmobile laws here http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/Forestry/atv/ATVBrochure.pdf. If you could care less then don't listen when you get a ticket it will be your own ignorant fault.

dbc112
04-04-2009, 09:43 AM
FYI,
I am heading out to lost trails tomorrow (possibly) with the ATVZONE guys. I have ridden with them once before, they are great people!!! The no man left behind modo is the best way to ride... They had to stop for me 2x, once with a chain, and the other with an electrical issue. Both times nobody complained, they all helped out and got me back on the trail.

Anyway, if you want to meet with us, go over to the site and read the local ride canceled now lost trials thread...

PM me if you want to meet up or whatever...

Crazy lil punk
04-14-2009, 11:21 AM
Any sport riders in here or is it all you "damn 4 wheel drive guys" JUST KIDDING. haha whatever you ride is cool with me.

There is going to be a group ride at losttrails for a fallen officer, check it out..

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=392352

dbc112
04-14-2009, 01:28 PM
I am a sport rider.. 700xx.. kind of a hybrid but still on the sport side.

Lost trails is ROCKY, so be prepared to clutch a lot.

hotshotgoal30
04-14-2009, 01:43 PM
i was there on saturday. it was a good time. it was a little muddy in the morning but dryed up later. alot of people there for early in the season and the consession stand was open and they had a fire going. they also had a pressure washer im not sure if it was free or not i didnt use it but it was a good idea. the track was in decent shape. alot of people were messing around there. one section was all mud but other than that it was nice

hotshotgoal30
04-14-2009, 01:44 PM
actually our machines were a mess. lol

Crazy lil punk
04-15-2009, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by dbc112
I am a sport rider.. 700xx.. kind of a hybrid but still on the sport side.

Lost trails is ROCKY, so be prepared to clutch a lot.

Yeah I know, I honestly kind of hate alot of those trails, but we go in the play area and just blast out, we ride the trails to, but like you said, they are rocky as hell. Most of us our riding mx quads, but I think those trails that are dug out and filled with water look like alot of fun, i went through a few shallow ones.

mandmburke
04-29-2009, 12:41 PM
Hey hotshotgoal30, are your pics from Lost Trails in the Poconos? They have a track now? I haven't been ther since October of last year and they only had the play area, obstacle course, pond and the trails. Can you give some details on the track? Thanks.

mpwrd3
04-29-2009, 01:13 PM
I would like a little definitive information as well. I would be from out of state, what all do I need to get as far as paperwork goes? Also how strict are they on exhaust, I have a full Pro Circuit system on a KFX450 would that be too loud for them?

Thanks

James

hotshotgoal30
04-29-2009, 02:42 PM
umm this is lost trails in p.a. wanna say the town was called rew. the wesite is www.majestictrails.com but they have a sign that says lost trails. i thought we were all talking about the same place. lol

coryatver
04-29-2009, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by hotshotgoal30
umm this is lost trails in p.a. wanna say the town was called rew. the wesite is www.majestictrails.com but they have a sign that says lost trails. i thought we were all talking about the same place. lol

yeah majestic is also called lost trails but they are talking about the trails on the east side of the state in pocono manor

hotshotgoal30
04-30-2009, 06:42 AM
ohh well thats misleading. lol i never knew there were 2 "lost traile" kinda stupid. sorry about that