PDA

View Full Version : 06+ jetting question

w_pinkerton
06-29-2008, 04:20 PM
i'm looking into getting a full system hmf exhaust, uni filter with airbox lid on, and k&n jet kit for my 2006 250ex. the tech article says that i should run a 105 main jet.

my question is, since the newer 250's dont have an adjustable e-clip, will i be all right with just the 105 jet? is there anything else i will have to do? any help is greatly appreciated!!

bigconig
07-01-2008, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by w_pinkerton
i'm looking into getting a full system hmf exhaust, uni filter with airbox lid on, and k&n jet kit for my 2006 250ex. the tech article says that i should run a 105 main jet.

my question is, since the newer 250's dont have an adjustable e-clip, will i be all right with just the 105 jet? is there anything else i will have to do? any help is greatly appreciated!!

I would suggest getting the dyno-jet kit. It comes with a new needle and a handy tool for adjusting the idle mixture. When I first added my Sparks exhaust and UNI filter I tried just changing the main jet and could never get it right- ended up with the DJ kit and with a 108 (I think) main and the new needle it runs great. Noticable power increase too.

w_pinkerton
07-03-2008, 09:01 AM
thanks, that sounds like a good idea. anyone else have any experience with this?

rescuescrub
07-10-2008, 06:49 PM
go to the sticky at the beginning of the forum. ryan is real close to the setups. remember those r at sea level.