PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Put Together An Engine Combo!

bobbys9350
06-29-2008, 01:15 PM
Hey guys, my motor is on it's way out after being starved of oil due to the oil cap coming off. Here is my current combination:

Stock bore and stroke with a CP 14.25:1 piston
Open box with K&N
Two Brother's slip on
Hotcam stage 2

I want to put something together that will run very well and still not break the bank. I was thinking big bore or stroker but not sure yet... It also needs to be able to run on pump gas so compression ratio must remain around 12.25-12.5:1. I am probally gonna go with a hot rods assembled crank along with their main bearings. As far as the piston goes I am prolly gonna go with a CP or JE. I have heard a lot of good things about venom. What is different about venom pistons that set them above the rest? Also is there any brand thats better than the next when it comes to main bearings? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Like I said before I want to get a good setup that will run very well but not cost me a fortune. Thanks a lot everyone!

j_cyrus3
06-29-2008, 02:23 PM
From what I've seen, the moto xperts motors are pretty bad. Call Toby and see what he can do for you.

06-29-2008, 03:49 PM
Send it to Dee manshack at rage he can hook you up with a really reliable hard working motor. cheap too its what you want he doesnt try and make you buy stuff you dont need.