PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Warrior with no spark

Forest400ex
06-28-2008, 06:26 PM
Ok, here is what is happening. We went riding last weekend and the bike ran strong for 5-6 hours. After a complete cool down it ran for 10-15 and died. We could get it to start again after a few minutes but it would only run for 5-10 minutes. This happened twice. After getting it home and doing some tests I am still confused. The power wire to the ignition coil has 28.1 volts. I am not sure what it should read. I have a 400ex and when I try the warrior coil in the Honda I get spark. When I try the Honda coil in the Warrior, no spark. The starter runs fine and there is no problem with the battery. Basically it sounds and acts just like it should other than no spark. Any suggestions? From the many forums I have read, it sounds like it is the stator, but I would like to try all other options first.
Thanks for the help,
-Chris

hatfield44
07-01-2008, 11:34 AM
Start at the plug and work your way back until you find power. It is probably whatever you checked right before you find power.

racers
08-03-2008, 07:30 PM
make sure the parking brake lever is fully bottomed in the "off" position. if it's not you won't get spark