PDA

View Full Version : anyone know much about dodge neons??

blacknblue#2
06-28-2008, 05:46 PM
Well i baught a dodge neon for a work car. It has a real bad miss so my first sense was to try new plugs. I went to take the old ones out and i realized 3 of the 4 sparkplug holes are gettin oil into them. I know this is a weird set-up way down in the valves cover but is a little oil normal?? and i still have my miss have new plugs. Next im thinking wires but could this oil have an effect on the plugs?? thanks for any help

400exrider99
06-28-2008, 06:01 PM
it sounds like yours tube seals are leaking. no its not normal nothing should leaking on a motor. to fix it you have change hte vavle cover gasket and tube seals. its way easy

01ex400
06-29-2008, 02:49 AM
if the oil isnt getting on the plug itself, ie in cylinder, it shouldnt have any effect. I personally wouldnt worry about it too much unless your going through a qt everyday. Check wires, next step would be coil packs

250rAL
06-29-2008, 10:13 AM
Check the wires to make sure none have rubbed on a metal surface and chafed through. You can also open the hood in the dark with the motor running and look for arcing. If they look old, they should be replaced anyway even without the miss but at least you would know the cause.