PDA

View Full Version : Accident with my 450R

FoxMxRiders
06-28-2008, 04:47 PM
I had a accident with a 4X4 atv on a trail near my house with my 450R.

Here the parts that is broke : Right front plastic,regulator braket,right front rim is bent,bumper.

I had my leager a-arm on it when I hit the 4X4 and the a-arms is ok.

The probleme is that my frame is tweaked.I checked and it's like I have 3/4 of a inch of my right front wheel that's back.

I have changed the wheel and I have road tested it and the quad handle ok but I don't like the 3/4 of a inch

What I can do beside buying another frame?Does I can repair it?

06-28-2008, 04:56 PM
I know many wont approve but I bought a 450R off a salvage auction and the frame was real bad and we just pulled the frame like we do on cars and its fine now I havent seen any cracks or anything the quad rides straight and I had it for the past 2 Years and had not had one problem

FoxMxRiders
06-28-2008, 05:13 PM
Yeah that what I was thinking to do.That is not visible that I have the frame is tweaked ... I can post pic and I assure that you will not see anything but when I take the tape to measure I see it.

I don't think therepair it will affect the frame.Anyway I finish the race season and after that I rebuild (powdercoat,gusset etc) then if I can repair it before I will be happy.

06-28-2008, 08:32 PM
if u pick the quad up on its grab bar and look at the frame from like 5 feet away thats when u will notice the difference how one wheel will be higher then the other. Give it a try and take a pic I wanna c if anywhere near my frame bad.

FoxMxRiders
06-28-2008, 09:27 PM
I will check that tomorrow and post a pic