PDA

View Full Version : 09 Are Out. Few Question For The Owners.

BenIL
06-28-2008, 04:27 PM
I bought a Can Am DS450X like a month ago and I'm not really happy about it. It's strong machine but already the front hub got broken, and the I need to buy new tires. Anyway, I thinking about selling the DS and get a 09 KFX. Any changes in the 09's ?
I heard that 08's wasn't that good, I mean that I heard about broken frames and such things.
What do you say?
It's really important to me, because it's like the 3rd or 2nd KFX here in Israel so no one who I know can tell me about this ATV.

Thanks anyway,
Ben.

450raider
06-28-2008, 04:42 PM
alright lets take this one at a time.....congrats on the dsx i hear those are nice, now firstly that i know of theres no changes to the 09's except color changes for sure (lime that everyone loves, monster edition scheme ill be all over, and a red thats a hit and miss with folks) and maybe a softer seat, secondly about the frame ive had mine for like a year and 2 weeks and had some pretty rough trails and have had no frame probs of any kind now related to racers ive only seen like 2-3 around other sites posting about frame troubles but as many as there is around here we call 2-3 isolated incidents so i woudnt worry with it...if you lived a justa little closer we could switch and compare notes :D

hope this somwhat helped

BenIL
06-28-2008, 05:44 PM
It helps thank you!...
But you're only one owner, I'd like to here more opinions :).
About being closer, I plan to come NY in October, but untill then, I guess I'll be an owner of another ATV so...

BEARAZZ
06-28-2008, 08:51 PM
I've had mine for about 8 months now and had pretty good luck... I race local harescrambles and a few gncc's and so far so good.. I have hit the usual tree and rubbed bars with a few on the trails and maybe once or twice rolled it over and the frame is still straight as an arrow.. The only problem i've had so far has been with the wireing.. But I think everyone has about figured out how to fix that.. But i'm happy with mine

livetoride
06-29-2008, 10:40 AM
I've had mine for over a year now and havent had one problem with it. I have jumped and beat on mine the whole time I've had it, and the worst that has happened so far is when I was at LS OK, when I took it off of an 8ft drop off in 5th gear wide open. when I hit I landed flat and it, and wadded it up. one of my friends that seen it said it cartwheeled 4-5 times before coming to a stop. damage was plastics all torn up, rims bent, bent tie rods, bent left a-arm, headlights busted, steeringstem bent and handlebars bent. frame had no bends, cracks, or breaks in it.

BenIL
07-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Sorry about the late reply..
I have another question my friends.
Is the DFI (Digital Fuel Injection) is bad? A friend told me it's not good at all.. Is it make any problems?

livetoride
07-02-2008, 10:04 PM
I love the fuel injection because it gives you alot better throttle responce and there is no hesitation when you give it gas.

k4f5x0r
07-02-2008, 10:18 PM
yea the fuel injection is amazing. i can put it in 4th around a turn going only about 40 and blast the throttle and there is no hesitation and the tires ripp.

BenIL
07-03-2008, 01:45 AM
I know how fuel injection feels like. The DS450 have fuel injection too. But what I'm asking is how the fuel injection system in the KFX, compare like the EFI in the DS?
Cause DS got EFI (electric), and the KFX uses digital.
As I understand from your comments, the system doesn't make any problems. Thanks.

livetoride
07-04-2008, 09:41 AM
two different words but they both refer to the same thing. both the DS and KFX are fuel injected and operate in the same manner in the way fuel is delivered.

BenIL
07-04-2008, 10:42 AM
Got you.
Thanks guys.