PDA

View Full Version : Maxxis razr mx fronts?good?

esr250r86
06-28-2008, 12:58 PM
hi, I am in the market for some new front mx tires..ive had mxr4's and 6's and ITP quadcrosses and I want to get some razr fronts..does anyone have any input on these? I just recently got some mx razr rears and theyre awesome.I only race mx and most of the tracks here in Az are pretty dry but then we go to places like Glen Helen where it gets nice and tacky.so any input on how these tires are all around would help.Thank you.

jkirk141
06-28-2008, 01:42 PM
i know they dont wear out very easy ive had the same fronts for 3 years and still have good tread... im happy with them... got kendas on the rear now though

d3ktrix
06-28-2008, 06:46 PM
They have good tread life, but I don't really like them, had em for 2 seasons so far. They seem smaller and narrower then most of the MX tires, especially the ITPs.

There nice on hard pack, but if theres any mud/sand/mulch on the track I HATE them, steering is all over the place and pushes like crazy. I think it's just because of their size.
The backs are fine for me.

remix92
06-28-2008, 09:53 PM
i have them now and i like them a lot more then my itp's mxr4's they also last a lot longer then the itp's they seem to hook up great in hard packed dirt

esr250r86
06-30-2008, 02:34 AM
hmm.yeah they do seem really narrow compared to alot of the other mx tires...And yea theres not very man sandy tracks around here but some tracks do tend to get muddy.

Idk I really wana get them even tho im completely satisfied with my quadcrosses.

I really like theyre rears..

and Ik they look like they would last a long time.three yrs is a long time!lol

gcart2
06-30-2008, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by esr250r86
hmm.yeah they do seem really narrow compared to alot of the other mx tires...And yea theres not very man sandy tracks around here but some tracks do tend to get muddy.

Idk I really wana get them even tho im completely satisfied with my quadcrosses.

I really like theyre rears..

and Ik they look like they would last a long time.three yrs is a long time!lol

i just finished a race season and my razr's look brand new. we raced clay sand dirt mulch even mud in some cases and they work great. i just recenently got mxr6's on my new bike and they seem more of a loose track tire. both are great tires.

hendershot106
06-30-2008, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by d3ktrix
They have good tread life, but I don't really like them, had em for 2 seasons so far. They seem smaller and narrower then most of the MX tires, especially the ITPs.

There nice on hard pack, but if theres any mud/sand/mulch on the track I HATE them, steering is all over the place and pushes like crazy. I think it's just because of their size.
The backs are fine for me.

EXACTLY WHAT I WOULD HAVE TOLD YOU!!!!

laeger2fiddyr
06-30-2008, 04:01 PM
frts are good, but the orange labels suck on hard pack but r good on loose. so if ur running alot of hardpack tracks get the yellow label rears! they r pricey though!!! & dnt last long!

eastside 400
06-30-2008, 04:01 PM
the regular razr fronts are junk, they push like crazy cuz the tread doesnt have enough separation, if u can get either yellow label or red label fronts there good, razr cross fronts are extremely good but the rears suck, im undecided about klaw sticky fronts, they hook good but i think that they are too round and they dont seem to stay straight. Holeshot fronts are great, they dont last really long but i got about 1/2 season out of mine which was alot of riding, prolly 20+ rides. heard good things about quadcross fronts but havent used them

esr250r86
07-03-2008, 03:43 PM
Yeah the fronts would seem like theyre not all that great on hard and may be too narrow for the soft stuff. The klaw fronts are awesome. I had them and loved them. They are a bit fat,but imo the quadcross fronts are great! they work rly good. I like my razr mx rears i got! theyre working really well and hook up awesome,except on blue groove.lol. But otherwise im satisfied with them! and Ive wanted to try some of the razorcrosses but just fronts. the rears dont look that great. Id rather run turf tamers.lol.But what im running now are quadcross fronts and razr rears. its working good! the quadcross rears are awesome tires too.just smaller than some other mx rears out there.but they hook up awesome!

elementryder
07-03-2008, 09:56 PM
razr cross fronts<3 :D