View Full Version : Need Help Fast, Cooling Fan

05Z400rdr
06-27-2008, 07:49 PM
My fan hasn't been running for a while now. Fuses are good. Fan motor is good, it will spin when hooked up to 12volts. The plug that is going to it is getting juice. I tried bypassing the water temp sensor by unplugging it and completing the circuit with a paperclip, that just makes the FI light go on and not let it run right. I figured that if the fan went on when I did that, I have a bad sensor, but, no luck. Any help from anybody is greatly appreciated! I am hoping to run a local race on Sunday for practice. Any suggestions or anybody else have this problem and know how to fix it...either perminately or temporarily?

Thanks so much,
Landon

450Rchaser
06-30-2008, 07:10 AM
My fan only comes on if I have been riding hard in 1st and 2nd gear in the woods.

hatfield44
06-30-2008, 09:58 AM
I've not got to ride mine a whole lot yet, but I haven't noticed my fan running much at all. Usually when I have to go slow for a fair distance.

If you haven't figured it out by race time, you could always just wire the fan straight to a keyed wire so that if the key is on the fan is running for the race, then figure it out afterwards.

05Z400rdr
06-30-2008, 01:30 PM
Sorry forgot to post that I figured it out the day after I made the post. :blah: The cooling fan relay went bad. I put a new one in, works like a charm. :cool:

Thanks for the replies!

Landon