PDA

View Full Version : 450er junk???

sparksmakefire
06-27-2008, 02:52 PM
im really starting to hate my 450er and ive only had it for 3 days.

to start with... the screw for the heatshield fell off.

second... it was jetted way off and the dealer tried to jet it but its still not right.

third... i tried to take the end of the silencer off and 2 out of the 3 allen bolts snapped off in the can. WTF IS HONDAS PROBLEM. its a brand new quad. why would it do that??? and better yet... how do i get the screws out of the can?

06-27-2008, 02:55 PM
none of the problems are honda's fault...

sparksmakefire
06-27-2008, 02:58 PM
well i cant ride the damn thing now because the silencer is apart with 2 bolts broke off inside it. :mad:

06-27-2008, 04:07 PM
The heat shield screws have been a problem since 2004. Take the rest of them out and put blue loctite on them. Problem solved.

I would just buy a slipon and rejet it myself and you're done. Problem solved.

hondarider101
06-27-2008, 04:07 PM
did ya take em out while it was hot or warm?

sparksmakefire
06-27-2008, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by hondarider101
did ya take em out while it was hot or warm?

ya it was warm. but not hot. i rode it for about 2 minutes. one came off easy the other 2 turned about 3/4 of a turn easy then they wouldnt go in or out at all. i drilled a hole in one and it broke my easyout. i think im pretty much screwed and going to end up modding it already.

TheNewn
06-27-2008, 06:02 PM
Doesn't really seem like Honda's fault dude. Maybe you should be blaming your dealer for some of those problems.

Is it not the dealers responsibility to adjust the jetting for the location they're selling it in? Elevation, temperature, ect.

They even had it back a second time and STILL couldn't get it right? Seems like they may not know what they're doing. They probably didn't know how to jet it properly for the HRC kit...

And no offense dude, but you're b****ing about a screw coming loose? Put some loctite on it and keep riding.

As for the broken bolts...that may have been USER error...

YZ400EX
06-27-2008, 06:18 PM
Where did ya get it?? Rexburg Motorsports or Action?

Honda5
06-27-2008, 06:44 PM
sounds like a big piece of junk you better sell it quick before you have any more problems, i'll give you $75 for it !!

sparksmakefire
06-27-2008, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by YZ400EX
Where did ya get it?? Rexburg Motorsports or Action?

action motorsports

hondarider101
06-27-2008, 09:23 PM
you are never supposed tyo take bolts out after it has been runing like on the engine and pipe and stuff heat weakens the bolts and they break.

YZ400EX
06-27-2008, 09:24 PM
I never have liked Action for anything they do and everytime I have been there, their customer service sucks.. Did you check the prices at rexburg motorsports?? Most of the time their prices are the best.. I would take it to them to have any maintenance done..

sparksmakefire
06-27-2008, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by YZ400EX
I never have liked Action for anything they do and everytime I have been there, their customer service sucks.. Did you check the prices at rexburg motorsports?? Most of the time their prices are the best.. I would take it to them to have any maintenance done..

i got it from action because the salesman was nicer and i picked it up 1k cheaper at action.

warr72
06-28-2008, 07:35 PM
06 - 08 are horribly jetted from factory and the dealerships are gay yes I said gay. When I bought my quad the rims came loose from the lugs, front tires on backwards,bars and controls loose , a joke. Get a quickshot and get rid of trickle jet. Your screwed on broken bolts. My friend just realigned tip and drilled his own holes. Some of this is your error but I feel your pain over these dealerships as well. :(

Flyin-Low
06-29-2008, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by warr72
06 - 08 are horribly jetted from factory and the dealerships are gay yes I said gay. When I bought my quad the rims came loose from the lugs, front tires on backwards,bars and controls loose , a joke. Get a quickshot and get rid of trickle jet. Your screwed on broken bolts. My friend just realigned tip and drilled his own holes. Some of this is your error but I feel your pain over these dealerships as well. :(

The bikes aren't horribly jetted, they run fine but are just a bit lean to pass emissions? The lugs nuts are your fault, you should check them before every ride. The front tires backwards, are you sure they are? Did you check to see which way the arrow on the tires point to run them? And oh my god, the controls were loose?! How did you ever deal with that..

warr72
06-29-2008, 12:09 PM
How did I deal with that! Are you kidding. I unloaded the quad at home put it in my garage checked it all over and found those things wrong. How is that not the dealerships fault? I hadn't even ridden it yet. :mad:

warr72
06-29-2008, 12:13 PM
Also they didn't even have a 450r on the floor. I had to ask to get any info on one. They were trying to shove a ktm in my lap. Come on dealers need to wake up.

warr72
06-29-2008, 12:16 PM
About the arrows on the front tires ummm that is how I knew they were put on backwards. :rolleyes:

sparksmakefire
06-29-2008, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by warr72
Also they didn't even have a 450r on the floor. I had to ask to get any info on one. They were trying to shove a ktm in my lap. Come on dealers need to wake up.

yeah that made me mad too. i went to 3 different dealerships. they were all trying to shove a different bike in my lap. the first one was a suzuki 2nd place was a ktm. 3rd was a kawasucki a suzuki and didnt want me to get the honda.i got the honda anyways.

warr72
06-29-2008, 12:28 PM
I learned a lesson but I don't regret getting the Honda as now I couldn't be happier! :cool:

warr72
06-30-2008, 12:32 PM
You see in my sig. that I didn't go back to Honda for my kids bike though. Now I am getting ready to get my wife a new four wheeler and doubt I will go back to Honda again.Your welcome Canyon Motorsports got me once, but not twice. :eek: