PDA

View Full Version : Tether kill switches

tri5ron
06-26-2008, 10:21 PM
is any one brand or style/type better than another type/brand?

if so, what are the better ones to look at and why?

I'm looking for feedback from those of you who have tried different ones, or have actual experience with different ones,
rather than just a typical responce of
"I have brand XXX and it's the best".

I would like to know what the differences, pro's, con's, are.
Thanks in advance.
Ron

blaaze416
06-26-2008, 10:38 PM
Can't have evertything all the time. I,ve got a pro motion kill. I've heard em get a bad rap, but I've had no problems with mine.
Trips every time i bail. 15 bones.

06-26-2008, 10:41 PM
my pro armor is nice, works like it should. the thing i like best about the pro armor is they give you inserts for 7/8th or 1/-1/8th bars and the t-knob does make things a bit easier i guess

miller821
06-26-2008, 11:53 PM
I have a pro armor on my 400ex and it works great.

I have a pro design on my LT-R450 and it works great.

I think it's all in how you wire them.;)

06-27-2008, 09:08 AM
yeah i wired mine right into the harness, no ground wire attached to the frame no exposed anything. I didnt cut off all the excess wire I bundled it up right under the handle bars and wraped it ight with electrical tape and zip tied that to the bars, you cant really see it and if i ever need to re do the wirin which i wont or if I switch it to another quad most of the wires are there

warrior4fun
06-27-2008, 10:18 AM
sorry to jump in but i just bought a 02 400ex and i have a pro armor switch. just wondering what wire you spliced into

06-27-2008, 11:13 AM
into the black with a white stripe coming out of the black box on the handle bars,other wire into a green wire. Otherwise you can do it near your CDI box then its a black with ayellow stripe and then the green again. Green wire is the ground.