PDA

View Full Version : bit of a drunken impulse buy...good deal?

Creech52
06-26-2008, 09:47 PM
So I just got a feather carbon tank cover on ebay for $100 shipped. It was mostly an impulse buy as Ive always wanted a carbon tank cover since I got my roller project. So did I just get ripped off or pay too much???

heres the link if it works
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&viewitem=&item=140243909362

trx310R#24
06-26-2008, 11:56 PM
well you dont see to many really carb tank covers so id say yoou got a good deal... it wil be worth more in a few years

pdxbigfoot
06-27-2008, 12:12 AM
But you will get it alot faster than dealing with them direct.

It took him 2.5 months to get me a red one along with a red hood. The tank cover was made very well and the hood on the opposite end of the spectrum with alot of "shoddy" edge's and weave's.

They also state that the warrenty is only valid if you keep the feather carbon decal on it....ok no prob...mine came with none.

After multiple phone calls , messages left and a number of emails i got nothing!
Feel lucky that you are buying from a person on Ebay who has a reputation to worry about as feather carbon could care less.

J
P.S. thats my next project after my build....carbon fiber parts for the 250R only.

danhung11
06-27-2008, 04:57 PM
Sorry to bust your chops, but I bought one and returned it due to poor quality.

It's thin. Cf is not laid good and uniform.

Bottom line. Its a piece. :(

Tubsy
06-27-2008, 05:09 PM
i have the same CF gas tank cover on mine and its nice

Flyin_250r
06-27-2008, 06:39 PM
I would say its not a bad buy. Used Quad Tech tank covers seem to go for around that price and sometimes cheaper but condition isnt always the best. I dont have any experience with Feather though.

pdxbigfoot.... i saw that custom airbox on your roller, real nice job. Ive sort of dreamed of somehow creating one in carbon fibre.... but then i unfortunately woke up. Would be a nice piece if its not a ton of work

danhung11
06-27-2008, 08:08 PM
the one that I received was one maybe two sheets of cf. The clear was not smooth. You could literally see through it when held up to a light background, it looked like crap because the cf was uneven. xsr_racing28c makes great cf. Jay does good work but strictly for 450Rs. He would do custom, but one off is pricey.

Perhaps the ones that had positive comments received a better product, just sharing my experiences. Not bashing at all.

Dan