PDA

View Full Version : TORS Removal

TX-YFZ
06-26-2008, 06:07 PM
Ok So I bought an '06 Yfz a few weeks ago and need some insight... I'm am wanting to put an Edelbrock carb on it and an ASV clutch perch on it. I know the Edelbrock requires removal of the TORS but the instructions are very vauge in the removal of the TORS and wires to the clutch. Could someone please give me helpful instructions on how to remove the TORS wires going to the throttle and the carb and how to remove the TORS "brain" and also the right way to remove the wires going to the clutch. Sorry for asking for so much help but I know someone out here can give me some real advice on how to do this. :confused:

Thumper1220
06-27-2008, 11:48 AM
Ok I just installed a twist throttle that required disabling the tors, in the kit they gave me a jumper wire for the wires to the throttle. I am not sure what wires run to the carb that pertain to the tors, however the "brain" is prolly built into the cdi box or something else. your best bet is to leave the wires intact and just disable the system. the wire that comes from the thumb throttle connects in front of the steering stem....it is a black 2 wire plug. if you unplug this and insert a jumper plug (or just cut it and connect the wire) you will disable the tors system. this must be done on the end of the plug that goes into the harness....not the end coming from the throttle.

#17YFZRACER
06-27-2008, 06:38 PM
i would keep the FCR if i were you

jshtex
06-30-2008, 08:45 PM
For the TORs system you can cut the wires and connect them together, and yes the "brain" is the CDI.

For the clutch switch, just follow the wires down under the hood. You will find that one has a male connector and the other a female. Just disconnect them and plug them together. The quad will start in gear then so keep that in mind.

As for the Eddy carb.... The only ones I have been around havn't been a big performance upgrade and the throttle pull was actually worse than an FCR.

TX-YFZ
07-01-2008, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the input guys! The help is greatly appreciated!