PDA

View Full Version : Dog Help....Disobedient poophead

spincr4hire
12-02-2002, 01:36 PM
Ok, heres the deal, My dog Bosco is over 5 years old and still has the energy of a pup. I try to take him on long walks every evening, and give him lots of attention. He has been fixed (over 3 years ago). Last night he runs off when I'm getting ready to feed him outside (no fenced in yard yet). He usually never runs away when he's getting ready to eat. I chase after him (he is very quick), and he lets me get just close enough to make an attempt to grab him, then he darts off again. After driving around our neighborhood for 45 minutes, I finally get him to come to me and get into the truck, I guess he figured it was too dam cold to be out last night. The last time he got loose, he ended up 2 neighborhoods up the road, and the people that found him were nice enough to call my number on his dog tags. I feel like ringing his f*cking neck sometimes.....
:mad:

should I start feeding him beer?...:eek:

MILF_HUNTER
12-02-2002, 01:39 PM
looks like your dog is a lab??
i have a 7 year old black lab who can still play me out. he use to run away some times (we live in the country, plenty out there to catch his interest) he always came back but yea labs like to roam

spincr4hire
12-02-2002, 01:41 PM
Yeah, he's chocolate lab, I've always heard the chocolate ones are the most hard-headed, and I believe it.
I think thats the problem, I used to live in the country when I first got him and he got used to running, now that he's a city dog he still has the country in him.

MILF_HUNTER
12-02-2002, 01:42 PM
you can take a dog out of the country but you can't take the country out of the dog
:huh :huh :huh

Doibugu2
12-02-2002, 01:48 PM
Dog Tamer, he will learn, or you will solve your problem.

:D

J/K

Extremeracer167
12-02-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by spincr4hire
I chase after him (he is very quick), and he lets me get just close enough to make an attempt to grab him, then he darts off again.

HAHAHA man i love dogs! I can just picture that!:D

spincr4hire
12-02-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Extremeracer167

HAHAHA man i love dogs! I can just picture that!:D

Yep, me chasing him in 20 degree weather in shorts, t-shirt and after 3 beers, screaming "Bosco, come back here you f*ckhead"...:D

Ryan
12-02-2002, 01:59 PM
HAHA, That is funny. I have a keeshound and it is 12 years old now and still has the energy to play sometimes just likes to sleep now. What you do is when he does something wrong don't take his head off, give him alittle hit on his butt just so he knows he was wrong. Dogs are smarter then you think. When im mad at my dog he will keep distance away from me and when I open the door he will jet out and try to run away. Try not to spoil it to much, my dog is so spoiled that when your eating if you don't give it food at the dinner table she will start to grawl and then bite you. I just give it a spankin! ;)

I would buy a eletric dog fence :huh

spincr4hire
12-02-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Ryan88

I would buy a eletric dog fence :huh

I've been down that road, didn't even phase him. They figure if they can make it past the initial shock, they are home free!

spincr4hire
12-02-2002, 02:09 PM
I wish he acted more like this one...all she does is scratch at the chair (she thinks she's doing damage, but no claws).

Sparks425Ex
12-02-2002, 02:18 PM
Tackle Him.... Naa just kiddin. Like Ryan Said. When they do sumthing wrong don't beat the poop outta them. Just give them a gentle wac on the Head or on the Butt and say " Bad Dog" They will get it after a few wacks(gentle). They are very smart animals.

Well most are cept for maybe my retard. I have a Half Lab and Half Shepard. He is so fast and we have a fence at the top of our drive way that has to boards in it and there is a space between them. He trys to run up the drive way and make it between the boards.

He ends up wacking his head on the top board and stumbling around on the ground for a while. Then he gets up and trys it again.

They eventully get tired out. Try takin your dog for a Run instead of a walk. They will get tired out faster. Or you will have a Heart Attack.

Bean
12-02-2002, 02:51 PM
well, they hav them radio controlled dog collars, that work like an electric car door opener, every time they are a pain in the @ss, shock em!

we hav 2 dogs, and ONE time, i wanted to see what them dog fence wire babies shocked like, wow, fresh battierys, and i had them both attached to my neck, d@mn, thats quite a shock, but my dogs are dumb, lmao

400exrules
12-02-2002, 03:01 PM
ya i have an 8 year old black lab and i love him to death, in the past 2 years he has run away twice. Once he knocked the gate open and the other time he went to my grandma's yard (she lives in the house behind me and we have a gate between yards) and the wind had blown her gate open and he got out. the first time he got about 2 blocks away then the second time he got about 7 or 8 blocks away and i swear i literally rode my bike over the whole town screaming his name. i went up this huge hill after riding for about 2 hours non stop, full steam, in 20 degree whether in shorts and a shirt and i stopped all the sudden and was about to throw up. thankfully my grandma drove by so i threw my diamond back in her van and we flew to her house, i got some water and i was fine. turns out both times my sister found him and she yelled his name and he just ran and jumped in the car. See they dont realize wut their doing, its just an extension to the backyard for them.dont get mad at him man.

yellowex01
12-02-2002, 03:08 PM
I can leave my rotty out all day and she wont leave the yard.. No fence or leash. I walk her without a leash also.. You have to start when they are pups.. Repitition Repitition.. And sometimes the ole work boot to the head:)

Ryan
12-02-2002, 03:09 PM
Your dogs arn't that bad. Try lying on the couch and smell the cushion after giving my dog some speghetti, Ahhh. It goes outside to poop (long haired dog) And when it comes in its ***** is covered in it and then she jumps on the couchs and rubbs her ***** all over the cushions.

400exrules
12-02-2002, 03:11 PM
:huh LOL trim his hair around his butt

Sportrax10
12-02-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by spincr4hire

I've been down that road, didn't even phase him. They figure if they can make it past the initial shock, they are home free!

These people that live next to my neiborhood have a German Shephard. It went out of the fence a couple times and people complained so the guy rigged up the fence so if the dog tried to run through it it was so powerfull she would just drop.
But please dont do that, because this guy also beats the dog as hard as he can when he gets mad, and thats just wrong.

Bean
12-02-2002, 03:27 PM
let the dog go, take his tags off, let him out of the fence, and take him somewhere, i would never let anyone or anything take that crap from some drunk idiot neighbor

phatswinn
12-02-2002, 03:44 PM
just let him run around, he'll come back when he gets cold and never run away again (or at least thats how my dog was,) and if ya chase him then run away he will probably come with ya because he thinks ur playing with him

NJ300ex
12-02-2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Sportraxboy10

These people that live next to my neiborhood have a German Shephard. It went out of the fence a couple times and people complained so the guy rigged up the fence so if the dog tried to run through it it was so powerfull she would just drop.
But please dont do that, because this guy also beats the dog as hard as he can when he gets mad, and thats just wrong.

If this is true, (I hope you wouldn't lie about stuff that serious) please call the police on this guy. That is not right to treat an animal that way. If people in the nieghborhood have actually seen him beat the dog that is enough evidence to convict him of animal abuse and get in serious trouble. He can get in even more for rigging up a fence like that. I highly suggest you do so. I wouldn't want to live by a guy like that.

The worst part about stuff like that is that they sometimes have to put the dogs that are really traumatized from the beatings asleep. It's a waste.