PDA

View Full Version : Wider plastics?

jayjie15
06-26-2008, 06:50 AM
I have a full 400ex front suspension on my 300 and am going wider in the rear to. I do a lot of trail riding and do not want to get covered in mud every time I ride. Is there any way to get wider plastics to cover the tires without going to the 400ex plastics? Thanks!

honda300EXtreme
06-26-2008, 05:33 PM
i think maier might make a set of fender extensions,

might want to look into that

dabomb_350x
06-27-2008, 06:35 AM
Only think I can think of is bolting on some extra rubber piece to the fenders.

Maier does nto make anythign to add on to the fender, They make fender add-on or extentions that you add to there race cut fender to give that full fender coverage.

kukerdan
06-27-2008, 09:56 AM
I am interested in this too..

I have not found ANY aftermarket
stuff for this, and I looked good and hard.

Im guessing a trip to home depot for
some black ABS and rubber sheets
are in order, so you can make mudflaps and fenders.

If I bought a Big sheet, would anyone
want to buy a set of flaps and fender extenders?

Ill measure and cut it up and make bolt holes

jayjie15
06-27-2008, 12:29 PM
If you decide to do that post some pics. I honestly would rather get covered in mud than have it look like a terd though. I think it is going to be hard to craft anything that looks cool.

kukerdan
06-27-2008, 12:31 PM
Well man I wasnt thinking
of fashion first,

Id just make a template,
cut the plastic to the right shape,

heat it up a little to get the curve right,
and a mud flap is a mud flap

It would look a little more utility like, and
you wouldnt see your front wheels as much, but my goal is to be able to pounce through water / mud and be nice n clean after

honda300EXtreme
06-27-2008, 12:48 PM
good call. i forgot those extensions are for race cuts only.

many people will use rubber to creat mud flaps. if your going to use them all the way around the out side of the fender, you might need to fab up a few brackets to keep the "extensions" supported and in a upright position

places like rocky mountain and dennis kirk sell something similar for the 450's its just a rubber ( or maybe plastic) add on. its very similar to many of the utility quad mud guards.

but yea that would be the best bet. and definatly a hell of alot cheaper by making your own