PDA

View Full Version : you think it would never happen to you then...

87Warrior
12-02-2002, 12:59 PM
what do i come home to today? an open shed

and an empty shed too

****, in such a small town, who'da thunk it?

helll barley anyone knew i had the motherfather

****, im calling the police now, maybe they will be good for something.

own2424
12-02-2002, 01:01 PM
Whoa, that really sucks...hope you find it!

skinrider440
12-02-2002, 01:10 PM
that's bull****!!!! good luck finding it

MSL
12-02-2002, 01:12 PM
I hate reading posts like this, people work hard for what they have and then some thief just takes it.

the only good thief is a jailed one

sorry to hear of your misfortune i hope you can find the dirty *******:grr

12-02-2002, 01:22 PM
:(

QuadTrix6
12-02-2002, 01:23 PM
i say catch and execute the thieves :grr

trueblue450
12-02-2002, 02:32 PM
poor guy... That would really suck if you still have payments for it.. but its just not fair.. They need to learn how to work for things. I feel for yah man.

87Warrior
12-02-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by 300EX_Man
poor guy... That would really suck if you still have payments for it.. but its just not fair.. They need to learn how to work for things. I feel for yah man.

i still owe 3000$, so yeah it REALLY sucks

YamaWarr0121
12-02-2002, 02:38 PM
really sorry man, but that kinda scares me, im only about 15 minutes from you..i better start chaining it up along with the new quad coming...

87Warrior
12-02-2002, 02:40 PM
get this on the back of milk cartons across the contry stat!

400exrules
12-02-2002, 02:40 PM
well if anyone came into my backyard we would know right away because my Lab would tear his ***** up and start barking alot and growlin

400exrules
12-02-2002, 02:41 PM
man thats a pretty clean bike

87Warrior
12-02-2002, 02:44 PM
(was) a pretty clean bike, that was taken the day i got it

400exrules
12-02-2002, 02:45 PM
WHOA YOU JUST GOT IT?!?!?! :eek: and they just stole it :eek:

man i would be like SOOOOO :grr :grr you might want to invest in a guard dog or a lock with a key for your fence and a lock on the shed

trueblue450
12-02-2002, 02:46 PM
shoot i didnt know it was a 2003.. Im real sorry.. if youre in a small town it will show up, cus im sure not to many people have that kind of quad.. but I wish you the best of luck.

flyin#5
12-02-2002, 02:48 PM
that sucks! it will probably end up in a million peices somewhere. we have a kid that just came to our school that lived in alaska that stole a 250ex then drove it off a cliff.

Crazy4bluEx
12-02-2002, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by 400exrules
well if anyone came into my backyard we would know right away because my Lab would tear his ***** up and start barking alot and growlin

A BIG PIPE OR A GUN, AN YOUR DOG ISNT DOIN NOTHING! ..
I HATE IT THAT PEOPLE STEAL STUFF, THEY SHOULD BE FOUND AN EXECUTED INFRONT OF EVERYONE ON THE SPOT, I REALLY BELIEVE THAT, BUT ON THE OTHER HAND, IF SOMEBODY WAS STEALING MY FOURWHEELER TO FEED THEIR FAMILY, I WOULD BE MAD, BUT I WOULD DO THE SAME THING.. IM NOT GONNA ACT OR SAY I WOULDNT, IF MY LIFE DEPENDED ON STEALING, I WOULD BE A THEIF... I JUST AM GLAD I TAKE CARE OF MY OWN

JUS MY $.02

Bean
12-02-2002, 03:16 PM
my 440 theft is commmin up on the 1 year anniversery deal, so true, never think its gunna happen to u, then it does, and man, u feeel like sh*t forever, and trust me, i hav yet to ride my R in my front yard since i got it, we live on a highway, so everyone can see it, it stays in the back yard where no one can see it at alll, and i dont really like new people around my house much, btw, dogs cant do anything, one good baseball bat wack, and theyr dead, only thing that works 100% of the time is landmines and claymores, see if u can get ur hands on some of them, lol

400exrules
12-02-2002, 03:40 PM
claymore would blow your house up if it was in the back yard

Bean
12-02-2002, 03:51 PM
well, then they deff wont be commin back for any more stuff, put a propane tank next to your shed to, haha

400exrules
12-02-2002, 03:56 PM
LOL PUT NITRO GLYCERIN ALL AROUND YOUR SHED HAHAHAHHAHA :devil :devil :devil

gncc571
12-02-2002, 04:03 PM
Sorry man, I kinda know how you feel, our house got broken into back in August and it really sucked big ones. They took everthing electric even our computer and a 22mag riffle that was a buddys.We even have a house dog, what the he!! she did while they were here I don't know.We did get some good news about a month ago that they cought the guys that did it,but they didn't find any of our stuff. The cops said they confesed(sp) to robbing 50 houses and it all was for drug money. Good luck finding it:(

TC17
12-02-2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by gncc571
. The cops said they confesed(sp) to robbing 50 houses and it all was for drug money. Good luck finding it:(

that's what drugs make you do. don't do dugs. i hope you find it. that makes me want to put a security lock on my garage. but they would have to bust down a locked door or a garage door to get in my garage so i hope i'm safe.

Atreyu
12-02-2002, 04:25 PM
if you catch him, castrate him..

HondaRancherES
12-02-2002, 04:51 PM
Sorry to hear that. I know I work hard to pay for my quad and I would dare someone to take mine. I'd kill em when I found em. Was your key left in it? Or did they roll it out? Sorry for all the ?'s just wanted to look at all the possibilities. So I know too

Rip_Tear
12-02-2002, 05:01 PM
That really sucks! As soon as I got my 400ex, I had it chained, tied and I had the backhoe parked infron of my shed so no one could steal it, I still have it locked up with thick wire cable... a very thick industrial cable... and my dog is out side all the time and she is always beside my shed, you can't go in there unless your with me..

Good luck, do you have insurance? You should if you still owe money on it... I got my insurance it is totaly worth it, just for peice of mind!

250r/master3
12-02-2002, 05:08 PM
it really sucks it happoned to my dad's quad

Bean
12-02-2002, 06:14 PM
it doesnt matter if u hav a 3in thick chain on something, u can stop a town punk with a kyropton lock and chain, but a experianced theif can cut through anything with a torch and a nice set of 2 1/2 ft bolt cuttters, dont ever be 100% sure u are steal proof, cause ya aint

Honda2003
12-02-2002, 06:20 PM
that sucks! i got mine locked in a shed with a steal cable through the rear rims, swing arm, frame. even made a steal plate with a 3/8 in. steal loop welded to it thats bolted to the floor that the cable goes through and locked.

Poncho
12-02-2002, 06:50 PM
I'll look out for it here. Alot of stolen bikes end up in Ky because you don't have to have a title to sell a quad here. If someone stole my banshee I'd kill them son of a *****es.:grr I'd go off even though I got insurance it won't cover all my mods.

Spencer :o

Ryan
12-02-2002, 07:07 PM
I hope you have some sort of insurance on it. To bad warranty won't cover that :( . I sorta know how you feel, last winter my friends quad was stolen witch he didn't even care he said "Oh well let them take it" Hes an idiot by the way but anyways later on that day a friend called me up and said "Hey I finally got a quad" I said "Really were from" He said "My brother bought it off of some guy, its a bayou 220." Well funny becuase thats what my friends quad was so I went to go find his brother and his friend. We found the quad over at the kids brothers friend's house. They never admit to stealing it but I know they did becuase I caught them in so many ly's. He got his quad back all rigged up and torn apart and the kids never got in trouble.
Well I really hope you find your quad! Make sure you keep looking around the neighborhood and ask around with whoever rides. It is probably someone near by. Atv theft is really a big thing around here and its really increased over the years. Everyone keep your quads locked up and make them as safe as possible! When I first got my quad I used to lock it up to a wooden picknic table :huh

DON'T STEEL. YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO BE MISSING SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT

87Warrior
12-02-2002, 07:33 PM
ok heres an update

i still have the key so no it wasn't in there, the shed wasn't locked :mad: but it doesn't matter, the door barley shuts anyway.
it was a roll away, i also found out that there was a peice of ply wood missing from my shed... loading ramp anyone?

as for possibilities:

I am 90% sure that its someone i know. b/c someone would have to know that i had a quad there. though there is the chance, b/c my pit is on a fairly large highway (206 )for south jersey) some one could have followed that right back to my house, the trail leads right up to my shed.

no i don't have insurance, i do know that if i get it back ill get it, and im fixing that door too.
whats werid is that my dad's 12000$ motorcycle was unlocked too but it wasn't even looked at.:confused:

i reported it, two troopers came over and cheacked it out

Ryan
12-02-2002, 07:38 PM
Most likley it is someone around you. Im sure they only wanted your quad, they probably would have stole something else if they were someone off the highway. Check that kids house you were talking about. Put up posters around your town. Hope it works out for you.:)

Atreyu
12-02-2002, 07:41 PM
a lot of stollen quads com eup here to North jersey too so ill look out for it for ya..good luck finding it

87Warrior
12-02-2002, 08:17 PM
prolly not the best time to ask, but where is the best place to buy quad insurance from and about how much is it?

oh yeah 400exrules: i didn't JUST get it, unless of course you call july 7th JUST getting it.

eldoexrider01
12-02-2002, 08:25 PM
try progressive. i got my insurance from them. i think mine covers so many thousand of accesories. u outa check it out

87Warrior
12-02-2002, 08:32 PM
wanta know something funny? i was the 420th person to view this thread

stuff's goin down in school tomorrow i can tell ya that much

z400ACDC
12-02-2002, 08:45 PM
70% of the quads stolen from a locked garage. I keep the intercom on in mine. The other base is beside my bed. If a mouse farts, I can hear it.

2 QuicK
12-02-2002, 08:52 PM
87Warrior- What do u mean stuff going down in school tomarrow? Did u find out who stole it?

Moded86R
12-02-2002, 09:09 PM
I sure hope you find it.I hate freakin theives.I work 2 jobs 60 hours a week to pay for my stuff.And some lazy low life wouldn't think for a second to steal my stuff.

Right now both my qauds are broke.So I don't have to worry.

Also for all you people that say your dog is guarding your quad.I work in the city and am outside alot.There are so many strays running around.And so far I have had to take 3 out.One of them was a biggo chow to.All you have to do is have something solid and hit them in the head.

RideRed400StYlE
12-02-2002, 09:20 PM
I'll tell you what reading this is making me get that feeling in the pit of my stomache just thinkin bout my quad ever being stolen. But I do know one thing, mine is kept in my garage, and is covered under home owners insurance if it is ever stolen. But I dont think I have to worry, because there are 5 brand new snowmobiles sittin outside my house with the keys in em, and anyone can walk up start one up and take off.. But thats my stepdads buddys for ya.. pay $9000 for somthin and leave the keys in it outside the house. I am sure thinkin about investing in some cameras for the garage, and some kind of alarm for if the quad gets moved

nakomis0
12-02-2002, 09:23 PM
Homeowners insurance covered our stolen Banshee.

Your probably right, living in a small town its someone you know or someone in the town.

Print out flyers, with a pic of the bike, and offering a reward of say $500. Post it up at the local party store, bar, grocery store, ect.

Thats what we did, and we got the bike back. The motor was blown, and it was in about 200 pieces but we got it back. We didn't even have to pay the reward because the police said they have a special fund that payed the reward for us.

ps. It was a young kid that took the bike. And the kid that told on him, was a friend that knew him, but wanted the reward money real bad.:)

Meek
12-02-2002, 10:28 PM
Hope you get it back.

12-02-2002, 11:07 PM
Man I will keep an eye open for ya but one big problem is they are hard to tell apart, and more so when newer and stk.

I would think that since your in a smaller populated town it would most likely be someone you know or that saw you putting it away from the hiway.

As far as insurance goes most homeowners policies in nj have wording that causes them not to have to pay. Finding actuall quad ins. is a nighmare and most policies I know of in NJ dont have theft. Kinda tells ya what the statistics say.

Best of luck getting it back and if you find out who has it just steal it back then worry about kickin their arse later

NTPracing22
12-03-2002, 06:06 AM
HIRE A DETECTIVE! k jk...but i wish i could help. where abouts do you live?

87Warrior
12-03-2002, 12:36 PM
2 QuicK-no but now over half of the school (2500 people total) know about it, thats wht i ment, and i got mad names of who could have done it.

you can't see my house from the highway, i live on a road off the highway.

i think i know who did it, real sketch ball, stole quads before, is an over all POS and should be beaten to dath for wasting air and food, he won't amount to anything. yes he IS that bad

Ride400
12-03-2002, 01:39 PM
that sucks man, if you ever find the little rat*******, give him ****.

Ryan
12-03-2002, 01:52 PM
There are to many quad thieves around here. Most are just teenagers and whats funny is my sister is friends with most of them. She's an idiot but anyway one of her friends came over and he was tell me "I didn't know you were her brother, me and my friends were going to steal your quad." I was so mad that day I could of ripped his head off and shoved it up his ***.
Have you guys ever seen that thing on comedy central were for someone to break in their house they put a dummy looking into the window or something so they know that this house is taken, lol you should get a real looking dummy and put him infront of your garage. :p . I wouldn't invest camera's but even a sensor light the turns on when someone walks by can scrare them away.

You said you think you know who stole your quad. Go to their house!

Bean
12-03-2002, 02:58 PM
when there is money offered, that ussally does the trick, most people can keep a secret, but once 2 people know, everyone knows, and everyone wants money

Juggalo
12-03-2002, 03:04 PM
man i know how you feel. my quadracer was stolen from me..its not fun :( i hope you get it back!

skinrider440
12-03-2002, 03:04 PM
kill em all and let God sort them out

Ride400
12-03-2002, 03:45 PM
man a lot of people have had quads stolen on here

YamaWarr0121
12-03-2002, 04:05 PM
man dude hope you get it back cuz i want to go riding around your places over there..i need more places to ride at except chatsworth n atco...good luck ill kepe n eye out around here in hammonton n at the race track...

2k2-300exnj
12-03-2002, 04:30 PM
dude that sucks all i can say is seek and destroy

400exrules
12-03-2002, 04:54 PM
God will take care of you and he'll gets whats comin

mod300ex
12-03-2002, 05:06 PM
i kinda fell the pain.our house was robed well was in the process of gettin robbed and my brother weighted till he got around the corner and stuck his 44 smith and weston(pistol) in his mouth,he pissed him self on the spot and just said he owed ppl money and was gogin to get shot we called he cops and he was screwed...he was so scared

OutlawEX
12-03-2002, 05:09 PM
Kick his ***** Sebass