PDA

View Full Version : Can someone do me a favor?

Moded86R
06-25-2008, 07:54 PM
Hey fella's I need the honda part # for a 86 trx250r crankshaft.

I tried service honda and I just got mad.I got onto there system or whatever only to have it tell me I can't use it.

Any help would be great.

Thanks....

Moded86R
06-25-2008, 08:06 PM
This thing has been sitting broke for along time now.About time to get it going again.....

What a waste....

screaminta
06-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Sorry to tell you this but you cannot get '86 cranks anymore. Only the 87+ all you need though is the 87 crank and a spacer plate and you can still use an 86 piston. Either way, the '86 crank part number is 13300-HA2-671, the '87+ is 13300-HB9-770

250Renvy
06-25-2008, 09:02 PM
You could go aftermarket or rebuild with new rod/bearings.

That's a pretty nice 86.

my88r
06-25-2008, 10:01 PM
i didn't know you cant get 86 cranks. but i would just rebuild ours.

All250R
06-26-2008, 05:11 PM
I hear these guys do good work crankworks.com

Moded86R
06-27-2008, 04:55 PM
Well the deal is the dang thing has a brand new crank in it!

I just put new center cases,crank,etc,etc....

Well I didn't know you where supposed to put loc tite on bolt in the center of the clutch basket.The bolt came loose and went out through the clutch case.It got to the shoulder of the bolt and spun inside the crank and turned inside and stripped inside the crank and ruined it.It's hardened and I haven't found a tap to fix it.

It's gonna be a few weeks but I am going to order a new one and start putting it back togother.

Yeah it's a nice bike.I've had it since I was 14 years old.I bought it stock as a rock on the original piston and tires..It didn't stay that way long though...

C-LEIGH RACING
06-29-2008, 08:57 AM
Now that you have explained it a little better, that will be a fairly simple fix.
All you need is a good clutch side crank half & then send your crank along with the extra half to one of the places that rebuild cranks for them to press together.

Many members as it is here & on other sites that have 250R parts, shouldnt be hard to find a used crank cheap.
Dont get just any old used crank though, it needs to be in good shape far as the tins, no dings scrapes or hit spots.

Give you a little tip, a TRX250R crank clutch side half & a CR250R crank clutch side half, far as measurements are the same, only difference is the CR half dont have the little dot on the end to aling the balancer gear up with. If you know where the dot goes its not a problem.
The advantage to using the CR crank half, its way more balanced on the inside than the TRX crank is & anything we can do to balance the TRX engine more is a big +.
Neil

screaminta
06-29-2008, 08:52 PM
I would bring it to a good machine shop if you don't have the capabilities, and more likely than not they could fix that. Depending on how bad it is, you may be able to retap/thread it, or heli-coil, or even clean it up enough to go up on size on the bolt size. I dont remember how it is setup, but I think you would be able to go up just a tad. I would try that first at least. By the way, I work as a manufacturing engineer and we tap hardened materials all day long, just depends on a lot of variables. I don't think the crank hardness will be a problem at all.

Moded86R
07-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Well Fella's that good news because I still have the crank that came out of it.I think the threads got jacked up on it that hold the flywheel or something like that.But the side I need is still good.

I'm gonna tear into it next week I guess.

Thanks for the advice.I wanna fast bike again.I got the 400ex it's fun but it's just not the same.