PDA

View Full Version : whats the best stator?

LONG-ROD
06-25-2008, 07:11 PM
My stator came loose while I was rideing and was destroyed, so needless to say I need a new one. Anyone ever had this happen, I quess I did not get them tight.

Aceman
06-25-2008, 07:44 PM
Bummer, I'm guessing it wrecked the flywheel too?

I'd stick with an OEM stator.

deathman53
06-26-2008, 07:10 PM
I'd agree with an oem stator, sadly, they are expensive and maybe even discontinued. Its $344 for both. Many go with the 01 cr250r that esr sells, that is if you don't need light. I believe the stock harness, unless you have a brand new one, can have some issues as it gets older. If you are gonna buy new and don't need lights, I'd get the kit from esr, its something like $500 and many preffer it MUCH better. Ricky Stator sells good replacements, something like $300 for a lighter flywheel and 100w or 200w stator.

regg187
06-27-2008, 10:36 AM
I have a stator from RS and have had no problems. The difference with mine is I got it years back when you had to send your stock one to Ricky and he rewound it for you and shipped it back. Now you just buy one from him. who knows there it could be made in China and just imported for him, doesn't Baja designs also sell replacement stators. use blue locktite on the anchoring bolts.

MossboysRacing
06-27-2008, 12:20 PM
I bought a New 100 watt stator and lightened flywheel from Ricky stator like 5 Years ago, and have nad NO problems. i paid 200 for both. He had a little sale or something, but i got a great deal

D Bergstrom
06-27-2008, 01:26 PM
I am using a 200 watt stator from Ricky Stator that I bought over three years ago. Have not had any problems with it. Did not send my old one in, I just bought the complete stator. I do not remember what it cost, but they are on Ricky Stators website.

Doug