PDA

View Full Version : Flag holder

Aarons 01 400EX
06-25-2008, 04:13 PM
The flag holder that I bought with my flag broke the first day I used it. It was basically a 1" bolt with a hole drilled through the middle. I took the flag out and was going to take the bolt out so I didn't lose it, but the cheap aluminum bolt that was used snapped in two pieces. So I need to get a flag holder or make one. Anyone have any ideas on what to buy to make one?

I did see that someone was selling a relatively cheap alternative, but didn't know if i could make one for even cheaper. Here is the ebay item number:

Aarons 01 400EX
06-26-2008, 11:18 PM
So no one has made a flagpole holder?

esr250r86
06-28-2008, 01:07 AM
It would be way too much of a hassle imo.

Id just go out and buy a new one with a flag combo for like ten bucks and you have a new flag and mount..theyre cheap.

Aarons 01 400EX
06-28-2008, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by esr250r86
It would be way too much of a hassle imo.

Id just go out and buy a new one with a flag combo for like ten bucks and you have a new flag and mount..theyre cheap.

And I just read this quote that you have in your sig:

"Heck, Ive got tools to fix tools...C\'mon, break somethin\'!"

I like to make my own ****. I'm working on something as I write this.

Yippie-Ki-Yay
07-03-2008, 09:33 PM
A bunch of my friends do a lot of sand riding, and they need a flag to go to the park, so they made something for that. ill get back to you soon, im going to ask them.

jarens024
07-21-2008, 11:42 AM
I take some 3/4" bolts and drill the centers out in a drill press. Glue the end of the flag it. I use PL construction glue. Works great until you roll and the flag pole shaps. When I head out to the dunes or someplace where they are required I always take a spare. I bet I have 10 drilled out and ready in the garage right now. Fast, easy, and quick fix instead of spending $10 everytime your quad wants to land inverted!
Walmart has bell bicycle flags for $4. They don't have the bolt on the bottom. This is what I do to customize them.
Hope it helps!

Aarons 01 400EX
07-21-2008, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by jarens024
I take some 3/4" bolts and drill the centers out in a drill press. Glue the end of the flag it. I use PL construction glue. Works great until you roll and the flag pole shaps. When I head out to the dunes or someplace where they are required I always take a spare. I bet I have 10 drilled out and ready in the garage right now. Fast, easy, and quick fix instead of spending $10 everytime your quad wants to land inverted!
Walmart has bell bicycle flags for $4. They don't have the bolt on the bottom. This is what I do to customize them.
Hope it helps!

What grade bolt are you using? I thought about drilling out the centers of a couple bolts, but didn't know how well it would work.

jarens024
07-21-2008, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Aarons 01 400EX
What grade bolt are you using? I thought about drilling out the centers of a couple bolts, but didn't know how well it would work.

Just a stardard bolt. Hard bolts (Grade 8) are unneccesay in my opinion. I have never had a problem yet. I don't take them on and off a regular basis though. I only put it on every couple of weeks when I head out of town.

KAWIRYDER
07-23-2008, 08:33 PM
You could make the same thing as the ebay one by taking a 3/8'' threaded coupling and put a bolt through one side and drill the side to hold the flag and put a 1/4'' bolt to hold flag. Hope that gives you an idea.