PDA

View Full Version : Hard Decision

zack221
06-25-2008, 01:01 PM
I am thinking about selling my 08 ltr-450 but im not sure if i should do it so I am looking for suggestions on what you guys would do. I financed it through the bank and the payoff on it is i believe 5900 so if i could at least get 5000 I have the 900 to put with it and pay it off to get out of the payment and then i would have the title for the new owner. I am 16 and I am working my butt off to pay for it I have not got to race here lately because of other bills and it is just getting worse so here before long i wont have the money to race at all. So do you think I should just sell it to get out of the payment and buy a cheap dirtbike to mess around on and gradually save up the money for another fourwheeler for next season then it would be mine and no payments. I am not whining i love my fourwheeler and I am glad my dad financed it for me but I will be paying on it all the way through high school if I keep it and I wont get to enjoy my life as a teenager it will just be work all the time to pay for it. What do you think I could get out of my fourwheeler? Sorry about the pics I am in most of them lol sorry and it was very dusty these are from my first race ever which I got first place in both motos even got the holeshot in the first moto.

http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/4/11022431846.jpg
http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/4/11022431863.jpg
http://img2.putfile.com/thumb/4/11022323786.jpg

jesseweaver
06-25-2008, 03:04 PM
you can definatley sell that and get a bike for $2500 or less that would be way faster than your quad. i think it is stupid to finance something this young. im 16 also, and as bad as i want to get a fast sportbike next year for like $7000, i know i wont have that much becuase i enjoy offroad more and my money goes into my quad and i also need a vehicle. i could finance a bike and have no problems making payments (i work about 70 hours a week) but its stupid because you will pay so much more than what its worth.

instead i could just put away $200 a month and it will grow from interest and in a couple years i will have enough for a really nice bike, without paying way more than what its worth. and sometimes when you have longer to think about it you change your mind and realize its a stupid idea. when you can finance something, you tend to make up your mind really quick and not think things over, knowing you can walk out with a brand new quad if you want to. if i was you i would have bought a cheaper quad first and made sure you'd be able to race and have enough time.

btw thats a nice LTR. id sell it and put some of the money in the bank, and buy a 450 bike. you can get CRF450s for as low as $2,000.

pro-rider46
06-25-2008, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
you can get CRF450s for as low as $2,000.

where?

fastredrider44
06-25-2008, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
(i work about 70 hours a week)

Hmmn... What're you calling work?

redrocker
06-25-2008, 03:33 PM
Zack I think you answered your
own ? SELL IT and enjoy life while
your young you can get a cheap dirt
bike and can save $ and not have
to work your butt off there will be
plenty of time for work and bills

harescrambles
06-25-2008, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by redrocker

x2

Robin Hood
06-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by redrocker

I was given that same situation last year but I toughed it out and worked overtime to put the money down on my 07 LTR. Best decision of my life.

Weigh both your sides out first. Bike + Money > Quad?

Also add in that you're creating credit for yourself by paying that quad off, which is something that most people screw up on. Credit can go a longggg way these days.

jesseweaver
06-25-2008, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by fastredrider44
Hmmn... What're you calling work?

39.5 hrs a week at the local Agway, so i dont get full time benefits. then 15 hrs a week at a chicken farm down the road from my house, then about 20 hrs a week at a truck shop down the road from my house that my friends dad owns. some late nights polishing wheels and washing and servicing trucks.

and a local shop just sold a 2002 CRF450R for $2,200 and it was really clean, all trail riding, good condition. i guess not really a lot down as low as $2,000, but you can get a nice bike for $2,500.

yz250f- $2,200 http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/729807529.html

crf450r $2,250 looks nice http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/mcy/731403514.html

thats just really quick finds on craigslist, if you look local and look around good, you'll find cheaper bikes.

zack221
06-25-2008, 11:10 PM
Well I love the ltr but I also hate the payment lol. If I sell the ltr for $5000 and then sell my 400ex for $2000 that gives me $7000. I could take $6000 of that and pay the ltr off through the bank. Then I would have $1000 plus add a little more with it for a bike. I wont be racing the dirtbike just for the mountains. I wont own a honda 4 stroke bike to many valve problems lol. Plus I want a 2-stroke that way its easy to work on and I can do all the work myself. I did rebuild my motor on my 400ex but its not as hard as a 250f or 450f. I know I will miss the ltr if i sell it but I am also working a lot to pay for it , buy gas for my truck, and race sometimes when i have the money.

Zakradu398
06-26-2008, 06:04 PM
Whats wrong with the yz250 in your sig? You wouldn't have to buy a dirt bike?

jesseweaver
06-26-2008, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Zakradu398
Whats wrong with the yz250 in your sig? You wouldn't have to buy a dirt bike?

he knows he wants a 4 stroke:devil: how do you like your yzf? ive never riden a yami 250 yet

zack221
06-26-2008, 10:50 PM
I sold the yz250 a while back right before i got this thing. I just forgot to change my signature. I miss that yz250 a lot.

zack221
06-29-2008, 10:56 PM
What is a good asking price for this ltr? Its completely stock except for flexx handlebars, ac nerfbars, and cherrybomb with the baffle removed. Its an 08 model with like 7 races on it.

jesseweaver
07-02-2008, 02:40 PM
auction it off on this thread. I'll start it at $3,500:D

I'd say like $5,500-$6,000. the 7 races on it really scares most people away though:ermm:

bwamos
07-02-2008, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
Also add in that you're creating credit for yourself by paying that quad off, which is something that most people screw up on. Credit can go a longggg way these days.

Not unless he was the primary signee. From his post I beleive his father signed the papers.

IMHO, if you can get close to breaking even and it's a strain to keep it. Sell it, and save up to pay cash for one later. Or pay mostly with cash w/ a small loan that you won't have to co-sign for to build credit.

krt400ex
07-02-2008, 08:50 PM
well, i financed through my parents for a 300ex when i was 14. i payed it off in 7 months so interest was minimal. the next yr i went out and bought a brand new 400ex that i financed through my parents again. i paid that off in 6 months so, again, there was minimal interest. if you want to know the truth, i would not have a quad right now if i had not done that. i completely believe in paying cash.. thats how i did my truck, but if you can pay it off...i dont believe in paying $2000 in interest though...which you can easily do with just minimal payments and a 4 yr note

why not sell the ltr and the scrambler? keep the ex cuz its a great sport bike and then get a cheap 125 for like $1500 to play with. thats what i would do

zack221
07-02-2008, 10:50 PM
I dont have a scrambler lol thats a sportsman and it is my dads now. Yea my dad signed the papers on this fourwheeler so its in his name but its helping his credit out.

krt400ex
07-03-2008, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by zack221
I dont have a scrambler lol thats a sportsman and it is my dads now. Yea my dad signed the papers on this fourwheeler so its in his name but its helping his credit out.

lol. sorry read it wrong.

my parents loved me for that. their credit score went up from my two toys lol