PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of this 250R??

sly400ex
12-02-2002, 11:35 AM
Here's the deal, it's all original except the plastic. I guess the original white had some cracks and staining. Original bore, exhaust, everything. He said he will let me have it for $3200. Think that is a fair price???

sly400ex
12-02-2002, 11:37 AM
try to add pic again.....

Extremeracer167
12-02-2002, 11:48 AM
Ide check ALL the bearings and everything 1st. Its always the bearings and bushings that cost an arm and a leg when u buy a used R. Also check the drain plug make sure it isnt stripped, have him take the plastic off so u can see if there are any bends, cracks, or welds where there shouldnt be. if all of that is good, and its still on the stock bore, ide say HECK YEAH!

ralph2
12-02-2002, 12:12 PM
even if the bearings and bushing are bad, it is still owrth it, especially if your gonna mod it out. if your gonna mod it it really doesnt matter that much, cause with new a arms youwl get new bushings, with a new s arm youwl get new bearings, and thing like that will get replaced in no time. but that just takes money$$$$$ if i had the money, that deal would be gone quick!

imo that deal is well worth it

joeroadking
12-02-2002, 01:45 PM
make sure thecase saver is still there, check frame for cracks,check swingarm for cracks, also usually all stock bikes for sale means to me that they took off all this stuff off when it was new raced it to death then took all the goodies off a arms shocks pipe,ported jug,and bead locks and put stock back on 5years later looks virgin yeh !!!:D

12-02-2002, 01:54 PM
;sounds pretty good