PDA

View Full Version : wanna go faster

iwannagofaster
06-25-2008, 06:19 AM
so i got an 03 400ex just dropped in a new motor bored to a 407 2mm oversize intake valves stage 2 hot cam port and polish ims hot rod crank heavy duty timing chain +1000 rpm rev box 15 tooth front sprocket 37 rear. its quick and i love the motor but nothings ever fast enough i wanna go faster but dont wanna crack into the motor again need suggestions, ive seen other dudes putting 450r carbs on there 400's but dunno how much gain they get for the price of the carb so here i am taking on all suggestions

zrpilot
06-25-2008, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by iwannagofaster
so i got an 03 400ex just dropped in a new motor bored to a 407 2mm oversize intake valves stage 2 hot cam port and polish ims hot rod crank heavy duty timing chain +1000 rpm rev box 15 tooth front sprocket 37 rear. its quick and i love the motor but nothings ever fast enough i wanna go faster but dont wanna crack into the motor again need suggestions, ive seen other dudes putting 450r carbs on there 400's but dunno how much gain they get for the price of the carb so here i am taking on all suggestions

The 450R carb would be a great mod for your bike. You will notice a tremendous improvement in throttle response and the power gain would be quite noticeable. Check out this thread to see my installation of a 450R carb :450R carb installation (http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=314423) A NEW carb can be purchased from www.servicehonda.com for about $160!!! Great deal IMO

Have you got a full exhaust system? If not that would help. I recommend the Sparks X6 standard core.