PDA

View Full Version : Dayton, OH: 90 mile radius, where to ride?

blaaze416
06-24-2008, 08:22 PM
Hey people. As stated, I'm from the Dayton, OH. area, and know of only a couple places to ride around here. I go to "Bud's Trials" otherwise known as Hidden Springs Ranch in Springfield pretty often. Although I like it alot, I would like to break some new ground. I've been to Haspin Acres in Indi. Heard of Happy Hollow in.....that one place. If anyone rides within 90 minutes or so from Dayton, tell me where and/or when you're going.
Groovy

jer300ex
06-29-2008, 02:16 PM
i live in springboro and have never been to BUD's. i would really like to get some info from you on where its at how much it cost. when they are open ext ..... you can e mail me the info if you would or anyone that knows of this place at jeremy_bailey@dell.com thanks for all your help

tim colston
07-01-2008, 10:10 AM
buds blows. don't waste the money. Haspin sucks too. Not a good area for riding. Hatfield and McCoy is awesome/.

ff8519
07-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Where is Hatfield and McCoy? Haspin is not bad at all. Just depends on the kind of riding you like.
I guess there is a MX park called Puchetta Creek MX up around Wapakoneta off exit 104.

BigBore24
07-01-2008, 05:51 PM
me and a buddy are going to haspin this saturday. it can be a bit sketchy with the big trenches and man made holes, but once you find some good trails in the woods it is pretty fun. maybe not the best but i wouldnt say it sucks. ne way let me know if you wanna go. im on a 250r and my buddy a banshee

jer300ex
07-02-2008, 09:33 AM
i ride haspin all the time. the only thing that i thinks sucks about it is all the drunks in there big trucks. but i love the place i've been going there since i was 15 years old

blaaze416
07-02-2008, 05:44 PM
Hey bigbore24, what time you guys leaving? How long you thinking about staying? I'm about 25 minutes from the Franklin exit. If I can work it out, I may try and meet up with you.

BigBore24
07-02-2008, 07:30 PM
right on. we are leaving at about 6am and hoping to ride until proly 5 or 6. let me know if you wanna hook up

blaaze416
07-03-2008, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by BigBore24
right on. we are leaving at about 6am and hoping to ride until proly 5 or 6. let me know if you wanna hook up

Not gonna be able to make it this weekend. Have to work for a bit on Sat. Proly go to Bud's later in the day. But definitely tell me when you go again. I think it would be fun to follow a 250r and a Banshee around. Plus, I've only been to Haspin once, and really didn't get a chance to ride that much. Mechanical probs... Get a hold of me the next time you head out. Have fun!
Larry

BigBore24
07-04-2008, 10:16 AM
ok will do, we are always looking for more people to ride with. where is buds?

blaaze416
07-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Buds is right where i675 and i70 meet. About 1/2 hour for me. It costs $10 per day to ride and is not nearly as big as haspin. But since i am always there, they let me slide sometimes on the cost. I'd rather go to haspin anyday!!!!

QuadRacer116
07-05-2008, 06:46 PM
how far from canton are you. i know of 3 or 4 riding parks about half hour south of canton

blaaze416
07-06-2008, 01:56 PM
I'll have to search for Canton. Not sure where it is. Though I know I'm from Dayton, if you know where that is. What are the riding parks called that you know of.... maybe I can search those too. Thanks!

QuadRacer116
07-06-2008, 08:33 PM
theres crows canyon (the best of them all) elson street (a close second) and bear creek ampatheater (more for beginners)

but it looks like your a little over 3 hours away from them. i would say the first two are worth the ride.

blaaze416
07-07-2008, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by QuadRacer116
theres crows canyon (the best of them all) elson street (a close second) and bear creek ampatheater (more for beginners)

but it looks like your a little over 3 hours away from them. i would say the first two are worth the ride.

Thanks for the info! I found some info on Elson Street. Looks like a small hike to get there, but a pretty straight shot. I'll look for some info on Crow's Canyon. Is there any camping at either of these places? It would be nice to set camp and stay the night for the distance I would have to travel. Thanks again!

QuadRacer116
07-07-2008, 06:02 PM
not at these locations but there is camping close by. there is camping at bear creek ampatheater but that is a smaller riding park more for begginers like i said. although it is not far from the other two parks. the camp ground next to bear creek is actually a KOA camp ground. cabbins, water park, hores riding, fishing, mini golf, arcade, the whole nine yards. we take a camping trip there every year and go riding at bear creek. it would be a nice weekend trip to drive up and camp at the koa and ride on saturday at bear creek. then hit up one of the other two on sunday on your way home. just an idea.

you would have to google camp grounds in the area of the other parks because im not sure of their names/location.

hope this helps

QuadRacer116
07-07-2008, 06:05 PM
http://www.crowcanyonmx.com/Home/AboutthePark/tabid/57/Default.aspx

http://www.elsonstreet.com/directions.asp

http://www.bearcreek.us/features.html

here are the links for all of the parks

blaaze416
07-07-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by QuadRacer116
the camp ground next to bear creek is actually a KOA camp ground. cabbins, water park, hores riding,

Now this made me laugh......! Did your forget the 'w', or just type too fast? :D

But seriouly, good info, and thanks for the reply with the links. Haven't cheked 'em out yet, but that's next. If you guys end up goin' on your camping trip, the dog and I would love to have anothter reason to come up. Always looking for a new adventure!

blaaze416
07-07-2008, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by BigBore24
ok will do, we are always looking for more people to ride with. where is buds?

How was the trip? I ended up going to buds with my younger sister piggy-backing. She had a blast!! I had a pretty good time too, but I had to take it kind of easy and all. Had to make her smile by pulling the front end up a couple times though! :devil:
She wants a quad now! I let her shuttle me around for a little bit....now she's addicted too!

QuadRacer116
07-07-2008, 07:26 PM
lol that would be typing to fast, but you never know what you can find, its a big camp ground so you may just get lucky.

and yeah as far as i know we are still taking the trip. most of the people that i used to ride with either moved or sold their quads. its down to 3 regualars and 4 or 5 people that come every now and then.

if you want to come that would be great. actually bring some friends. the more people to ride with the better. we usually go around september so keep in touch. i personally would be up for a trip anytime tho.

blacknblue#2
07-10-2008, 04:39 PM
What kind of riding do you do??? i am about 60 miles east of cincy and do alot of MX..haspin sucks unless you wanna beat the hell of out your truck, its big ruts on the trails and small jumps on the track..............if your into MX have you ever hit up New Vienna Motorsports. Its about 10 miles south of wilmington and not a bad place. We got earlywines indoor for the winter and Bar 2 bar Mx in Mt. sterling Ky. but that may be a long drive for you.

blaaze416
07-11-2008, 06:41 AM
To tell you honestly, blacknblue#2, this is my first quad. I love to ride the trails, but screwed around on the empty mx track at Haspin. and had a BLAST! The jumps were small, but just right for me, since I'm still learnin. I mostly just rip up some hills and do some tight trail ridin, though. Thanks for the info. I'll have to hit those places you mentioned with a search and see where they are and what they are about!
Thanks again!

blacknblue#2
07-11-2008, 09:57 AM
No problem man........and if this is your first quad and learning experience you could try happy hollow in hillsboro ohio.....all the jumps are perfect for a new guy and the hills range from the gradual slope in your back yard up to the side of mount everest haha. It really is a good time with just a 10 dollar fee to ride

blaaze416
07-11-2008, 04:45 PM
I'll have the new guy jump, with a side of Mount Everest, please! :D I crack myself up.....! Thanks again man. A buddy of mine goes down to happy hollow once in a while...gonna tag along next time. Hit me up with a message if you are ever headed down that way, I'll tag along with anyone who lets me!

blacknblue#2
07-11-2008, 05:14 PM
cool man ill let you know next time we go over. its only about a 20 minute drive for me so some times we just go over there when we are hung over and wanna sleep in for a while haha.............and same to you next time you and your buddies go down there hit me up

blaaze416
07-11-2008, 06:05 PM
Heared ya on the late arrival. I'm slow to get goin on the weekends. My bar downstairs with beer on tap is gonna be my downfall!! I'll hit ya up when we're headin down!

BigBore24
07-21-2008, 04:44 PM
anyone planning on going to haspin this upcoming weekend. got the itch and no one to scratch it with

blaaze416
07-21-2008, 07:51 PM
Love to, but....I have a buddies surprise b-day party to attend on Sat. :cool: Maybe the weekend after....if the weather seems nice enough, I may camp out, too.

blaaze416
07-21-2008, 07:53 PM
I meant I'd love to go, not scratch your itch....

BigBore24
07-21-2008, 08:54 PM
lol thanks for clearing that up.