PDA

View Full Version : Who all in here skateboards? i need some help?

HoNdAdude48
12-02-2002, 10:18 AM
I'm pretty serious about buying a skate board what is the best set-up that i can get? im thinkin about an element board with titanium 3 trucks what do you guys think?

nacs400ex
12-02-2002, 10:39 AM
I would get an element, thats what i got and its holding up good. I have tensor highs and they work good, spitfire wheels work pretty good.

Just my 2 cents.

Ryan
12-02-2002, 10:57 AM
I used to skateboard awhile ago. I like Birdhouse boards. I just buy the completes with the trucks and wheels.

SAND LUVR
12-02-2002, 02:48 PM
buy a zero board get independent trucks swiss bearings spitfire wheels. oh yeah and black magic grip tape. hope this helps

flyin#5
12-02-2002, 02:52 PM
some elements are good but some suck. when i get another board i want to get a seek. they hold up well, are light and have a crapload of pop.

right now i have a toy machine which i love then orion trucks (sweet and not many ppl have them) then i have girl bearings and spitfire wheels. but really you cant go wrong with your first board since you wont be using it as hard as some other ppl do.

Bean
12-02-2002, 03:06 PM
i skated back in the day, and i hav a 151 skull, with some trucks i forgot the name, get black widow bearings, they are a bit expensive, but they rule

cheetah
12-02-2002, 03:06 PM
I have a birdhouse, I like it. Definately go with spitfire wheels too.

SAND LUVR
12-02-2002, 03:10 PM
Hey Bean do you like 151 skateboards? My bud use to ride for them they even made him his own deck. That little ******* is in magazines now.

Bean
12-02-2002, 03:13 PM
yea i live it, its a tad wide and heavy though, but its been through **** and back, now it just sits in my garage, i havnt skated in about a year, lol

SAND LUVR
12-02-2002, 03:19 PM
ever heard of a skater chris swanson he rode for vans, 151, spitfire, hot rod skate shop in los angeles. I dont know the name of his new company right now.

EvilJester400EX
12-02-2002, 03:22 PM
Element deck, Black widow, or black panther bearings, Tensor low trucks, spitfire wheels... you'll be blingin it then. but, like Bean, i havent skated in a long time

Atreyu
12-02-2002, 04:24 PM
i got the new blind reaper automatics deck and its awesome, its light and durable. for trucks i'd go with the traditional independents. spitfire or pig wheels with black widow bearings.

12-02-2002, 04:46 PM
I havent posted in a long time...

I currently skate, and a lot at that. Preferably i would go with a Zero deck. Zero is just perfect for me, a little longer than most but it is great. That would be your first choice, IMO. Second i would go with Alien Workshop. They are light and flip easy. Although some are VERY skinny, they are awesome decks. And the pictures are rather cool also. For my third choice i would go with Enjoi. Some are a bit heavy but all in all they are pretty good.

Birdhouse is WAY overated. I reeeally dislike Birdhouse decks. They are heavy. They are pretty tough for landings and such, but i wouldnt go with those.

Element featherlights are pretty good. My friend used to have one (now he has a Zero) and i used to skate it sometimes. It was fairly good but id still go with my three choices.

For trucks i would go with destructo. I dont really know THAT much about trucks, considering the only thing that makes a difference is how tight or loose they are, and the weight. But destructo has been good to me in the past. Venture is also good.

For wheels i would go with just about anything. Some cheap good wheels are CCS wheels. Just get black, and choose a good size. Preferably i like smaller wheels. Mine started at about 54mm and i wore them down to about 45. I like them a lot at the size they are too. I said to get black because it looks better than white and i doubt anyone would know the difference. But if you HAVE to get name brandnamed i would get.....i dont know, listen to the other guys.

As for bearings i would get Lucky. They work pretty well. They basically ONLY produce bearings so you know they have to be good if its the only thing they make.

Hope it helped.:)

nacs400ex
12-02-2002, 05:06 PM
I had an alienworkshop for one trick lol, i did one boardslide and it snapped right it half, i was so pissed off. It was the cattle cry deck. I dont know if all their decks are that weak but i wouldnt buy one. I would get a element, zero, or flip.

flyin#5
12-02-2002, 05:12 PM
sorry spoon but i would never get lucky bearings. they wear out way too quickly and can have locked up on me and my friends before which hurts when trying to ollie stairs and things. i would go with reflex abec 5's. my friend has had them for about a year now and they are still running strong. they are about the same as his lucky abec 7's speed wise. JMO

250r/master3
12-02-2002, 05:13 PM
why would you skatebord when you have a quad

12-02-2002, 05:21 PM
Maybe its because i am 12 years old. I go riding with my father sometimes, and i like to think im fairly decent at it also. But my main hobby is skating.

HoNdAdude48
12-03-2002, 09:46 AM
thanx you guys, i really needed some help. but the place i go doesnt sell the independent trucks all they sell is titanium 3. 250r when im not quadin i want a skateboard, lol, so thats why im gettin one. i dont want to buy a complete board i want to build my own i just need the best set up