PDA

View Full Version : Decompressor sticking?

97WarriorRider
06-24-2008, 02:24 PM
Hey guys. Well my 1999 400ex started ticking a week or so ago. So I figured it was time to adjust the valves again but last night when I checked them they were good. Then I read in the clymer manual that if the decompressor sticks it will cause the right exhaust valve rocker to not move and it will cause a steady ticking. Sometimes the rocker arm wouldnt move and then I would rotate the crank a few times and get the T lined up on the compression stroke and it would move fine. Then I put everything back on and started it and it was ticking pretty good so I shut it off after minute. Then a few mins later I went back and started it and it ran fine. My question is will this ruin my motor if I race this weekend? I think it will be fine as long as it doesnt stick before I race. Im putting a new cam in next week but wont be in by this weekend. Please help

97WarriorRider
06-24-2008, 05:27 PM
anybody??

97WarriorRider
06-24-2008, 07:53 PM
I searched and read a post the GPracer posted in saying the decompressor can be removed? How do you go about doing this?

speedfoxracing
06-24-2008, 08:19 PM
the only way i know is when u get a hot cam other then that idk sry man

97WarriorRider
06-24-2008, 08:33 PM
yeah me and my dad just tried pressing the decompresser off the cam like 5 mins ago and we broke the flange that the cam sprocket bolts to so I just placed my order for a stage 1 hot cam