PDA

View Full Version : Amsoil Dominator

MXfun
06-24-2008, 11:40 AM
Anyone using this for oil injection DRR's? Any problems?
I was going to try Maxima, but the local shop does not sell Maxima injection oil.

Thanks for any input.

JAG Motosports
06-24-2008, 03:03 PM
That is all we have ever used mixed 32:1 Although we mix it, because I don't trust injectors. They are the first thing we remove. We have never had a problem with the dominator, pistons never show signs of heat and it burns clean.

dericsdad
06-24-2008, 06:42 PM
Amsoil says the Dominator is for premix only. It is all we use, and we mix it at 50:1 with 110 race gas and have had zero problems.

wvspeedfreak
06-24-2008, 06:47 PM
The Amsoil Interceptor states that it is designed for pre-mix or injection use.We have used it for years with no issues at all.

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/ait.aspx

JAG Motosports
06-24-2008, 07:17 PM
Just curious at 50:1 how many hours do you get out of a top end? No crank issues? Thanks

wvspeedfreak
06-24-2008, 07:29 PM
I meant to post that we run the Interceptor at 32:1.It says on the bottle up to 50:1 but I feel safer with a little more oil and we have had zero issues with this ratio.

We ran an Airsal single ring top end for over a year of hard riding and everything looked great when we took it apart.

dericsdad
06-24-2008, 08:03 PM
We only race this quad, but 2 seasons plus practice time, same crank bearings, still good. No piston/cylinder scoring. Some like to run it at 40 or 44:1 though. But for injector use, the Interceptor is great! We run that in our stock class atv that also gets riding time on the trails as well.

MXfun
06-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Thanks for all the replies.

This link indicates the Amsoil Dominator is rated both pre-mix and injector. Sounds like no one has really used this as injector, more for pre-mix.

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/tdr.aspx

I am running 93 octane gas.

neveready
06-25-2008, 07:06 AM
We run the dominator @ 50:1 as a premix also. As the others stated the interceptor is what we use in the injected bikes, but the dominator should work too. The difference in them is usually in the viscosity, the injector has to be a little thinner to flow through the small lines and for the pump to operate properly. The dominator has this low viscosity as well so if you can't get the interceptor you should be ok with the dominator in the injection. The injector on the DRR pumps about 20:1 so definately run a clean buring oil to prevent carbon build up and plug failures

Logan #34's Dad
06-25-2008, 07:19 AM
I run the Dominator at 50:1 and I premix it. I can confirm that this stuff works at 50:1. In Muddy Creek it became very humid right on the line before Logan's first moto. The quad would not even idle and was missing. He ran the race. When he returned I took the carb apart and found the "milky" residue on the slid. (Like a head gasket blew on a car engine) So I leaned the carb out and the engine came to life. So, the next day it was very nice and I figured I must have been real rich anyhow SO I left it alone. Well, I leaned it to much! The engine held together and is fine now. I even lowered the sprocket ratio which according to the Koso tach, It reved to over 15,000 rpm's!